Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

thewearytraveler's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Apr 6, 2014 7:44 PM

remote code update for Hisense TV

When is Directv going to update the remote codes for the newer TV's. I have a Hisense Ultra hd XT880WUS 55" and my genie remote can't find an appropriate code to operate the volume and power so I have to use 2 remotes. Why isn't there a way to put in specific codes in the remote setup menu, only the receivers pre-programmed codes that won't work

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

3 y ago

If there is not a code for the TV what difference would it make what remote
you have? Seems like Directv should add the code for that TV
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

3 y ago

@will59 wrote:
If there is not a code for the TV what difference would it make what remote
you have? Seems like Directv should add the code for that TV

It's unlikely that DirecTV will be adding any codes to the old RC6x remotes.  Logitech Harmony remote codes are frequently updated.  I have yet to find a device they can't control. And with the Harmony Hub you can easily control everything with Amazon Alexa, etc.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

3 y ago

Thanks

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

3 y ago

Probably not going to spend the $370 just have the volume work on 1 remote. Maybe the answer is to switch providers and just go with DISH or local cable Company. You would think Dirct would want to keep their customers happy and add the new codes

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

6.5K Messages

3 y ago

get a newer remote, the new directv remotes are cheap on amazon

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

3 y ago

How will I know if that remote is compatable?

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

6.5K Messages

3 y ago

you wont until you try it, unless you can find someone else with the same tv and remote

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

3 y ago

@will59 wrote:

Probably not going to spend the $370 just have the volume work on 1 remote. Maybe the answer is to switch providers and just go with DISH or local cable Company. You would think Dirct would want to keep their customers happy and add the new codes

$370?!?  You can find Harmony remotes for way cheaper than that!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

3 y ago

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

3 y ago

@will59 wrote:

Which remote?  

I can pretty much guarantee you that a Logitech Harmony remote will control any device you throw at it.  I have yet to find anything it can't control.  The beauty of their approach is that you program the remote via an app that connects to their servers, so they always have the latest codes for any device you can think of. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

DirecTv Remote RC73

Hisense 65R6E

10178 Code

Manuel lists

43R6E

50R6E

55R6E

60R6E

65R6E

I do not know if that code will work for all the models listed on the manual cover. But, the model I have is the 65R6E. It's listed with the other model numbers. So, give it a try.

http://www.sonusatellite.com/directv-remote-codes/  has directions for programming the code(s).

After entering a code it will flash green when it works with your television.

When it flashes red it did not work for your television, use a different code

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

DirecTv Remote RC73

Hisense 65RE

10178 Code

The manual list the following models

43R6E

50R6E

55R6E

60R6E

65R6E

I do not know if that code will work for the other models listed.

I only know that the other models are listed with 65R6E on the manual cover.

http://www.sonusatellite.com/directv-remote-codes/ has the programming instructions.

After entering the code, the light flashed green when 10178 worked with my television.

It flashed red when a code did not work on my television.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

I know this is an old post, but I'm commenting because it's still a problem for Hisense. There is an old recipe that turns out still works; am surprised it's not here nor was it readily found when googling...

If the 5-digit supplied codes don't work for you, it is possible to have your RC65/RC66 remote cycle through ALL its codes; this worked for the Hisense 58R6E we just bought!

Note 1: A found code should also control the TV volume; I can't test it because our remote is programmed to control our surround sound.

Note 2: The process can take up to 30 minutes, but in using this multiple times through the years, it took much less time. In fact, our Hisense worked after about the 6th try!

1. Power on the TV (or component).

2. On the remote, slide the mode switch to TV (or AV1 or AV2 for some other component).

3. Press and hold MUTE+SELECT until the green light flashes twice.

4. Enter 991. The green light will flash twice.

5. Enter one additional digit: 1 for TV; 2 for DVD/VCR; or 3 for Stereo/Audio component. The green light will again flash twice.

6. Point the remote at the TV (or component) and press CHANNEL UP. Repeat pressing CHANNEL UP until the TV (or component) turns off. Caution: don't get in a hurry; the TV will suddenly turn off and it's easy to press CHANNEL UP again, thus missing your code. In that case, you have to start over like I did ;-(

7. When TV (or component) turns off, you have a match! Press SELECT - you're done!

If the green light flashes three times before the TV (or component) turns off, you have cycled through all the codes and your remote can't control the device.

This is only a guess on my part; I haven't tested it: If you need the volume, while in step 6 and before step 7, try turning the TV back on with the TV remote, then press VOLUME UP or DOWN on the DirecTV remote. If that code is not controlling the volume, continue to the next code by pressing CHANNEL UP. Or if it works, press SELECT.

Hope this helps!

Tutor

1 y ago

Very glad this thread was here! My Hisense model isn't in the DirecTV menu, so I had to find the code and process here. For those searching in the future, my TV model is 70R6270F, the remote is model RC73, and the code that worked is 11758.

I tried 12183 and 10748, but the remote flashed red when I hit the last digit of these codes. It doesn't appear to matter what brand of TV is selected on the DirecTV receiver when programming the remote using the code.

7 m ago

I have directv remote RC66X and I am trying to program my 59" hisense roku tv. None of the codes work.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.