Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

ktcashion's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Feb 4, 2016 6:25 AM

Remote control code for an Innovative Technology stereo

Anyone know the remote control code for an Innovative Technology stereo?
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.7K Messages

7 years ago

Is this an AV Receiver?

What model DirecTV remote?

What model DirecTV DVR/Receiver?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

It is an Innovative Technology stereo. Not specifically an AV receiver but has one built in. The directv remote is model RC-66. But that shouldn't matter. The models matter for how to program and I just need a code.
lilricky

Former Employee

• 

536 Messages

7 years ago

The reason Litzdog911 asked you if it was a true AV reciever is because the remotes are good but can't control just a stereo.  Also, yes, it does matter what equipment you have, because the remote codes vary.  So since you partially answered his question, I'll ask for the other part, what Directv DVR/Reciever do you have?

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

7 years ago

I suggest doing a code search by volume, with soundbar on, volume up but muted, then do the following:

1. av1 or av2

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks

3. enter 9 9 1, wait two blinks

4. enter 3

5. press and release VOL UP

6. point the remote at the stereo and keep pressing and releasing the CH UP key, if and when the volume changes

7. press select to lock in code

Remember there over 300 brands of audio gear, many having more then one code, give it a chance. If you find a code, you still have unlock the tv volume:

To lock in volume and punch through to all other devices:

1. av1 or av2

2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks

3. enter 9 9 3

4. press SELECT

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I've got U-verse not direct tv and can't get my "innovative technology" sound bar to program. I've gone thru the process but the sound bar does not have a mute.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.1K Messages

6 years ago

@ktcashion

Model numbers do matter, especially for remotes as the codes can vary for each as well as the RC7X series (Genie style "peanut" remotes) are not designed to control a bunch of 3rd party devices like the old style.

Contributor

4 years ago

Remote control code????

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.7K Messages

4 years ago

@Stratocaster wrote:

Remote control code????

Remote control model number?

DVR/Receiver model number?

See also https://forums.att.com/t5/Remote-Controls/Having-trouble-with-your-DIRECTV-remote/m-p/4880120#M27028

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.