Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

J

• 

1 Message

Wed, Oct 20, 2021 2:13 AM

Restricting access to recordings on a DVR box in the bedroom.

My father in law keeps deleting our recordings from his tv in his bedroom.  He doesn't do it on purpose.  He cannot see very well and I think he is just pressing buttons without knowing what he's doing  Is there a way I can control the box in his room to take away his access to the recordings list?

Thanks

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

1 m ago

If it is not a mini then you can set a H/HR to delete only local recordings.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

1 m ago

Depends on what boxes you have.

If his box is a Mini Genie Client, then it always has access to the main Genie. This is because Clients are extensions, so think of it as multiple TVs sharing a DVR.

However, if his box is a full receiver/HDDVR, then you do have an option. On the HDDVR that is losing the recordings, go into the Whole Home settings. You want to set the Remote Deletion option to Off. This way he can still watch the recordings but deletion can only occur directly at the box. If needed you can hide the recording list completely from the other receivers. Remember Clients will have the same access and visibility as the main Genie.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.