Please pardon our dust while we are making some changes to our DIRECTV Community Forum. Starting Thur. 10/06, this site will be read-only until changes are completed on Fri. 10/07. Thank you for your patience.

herkwr's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Wed, May 28, 2014 8:29 PM

Signal loss

I have 4 HD DVR's at my home but one(HR-21-200) constantly loses signal for no apparent reason.

The other HD DVR's work fine rain or shine.

Think I be needing a new receiver??

Thanks

H Wright

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

8 y مضت

Try swapping this "bad" Receiver with one of your good Receivers.  If the problem stays with the "bad" Receiver, you can be pretty sure it's defective.  If the problem stays in its room, then something might be wrong with the satellite coax cable feeding that room. .  Let us know what you find.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

8 y مضت

Did the swap but same problem with HR-21-200. If I reset receiver the situation clears up for 8-10 hours and then reverts to signal loss or pixelisation or frame freeze.. Is 1-800-531-5000 correct number for service?

shannon01

Professor

• 

2.8K Messages

8 y مضت

Sounds like it needs to be replaced $20 shipping or $50 for a tech to come out, both free if you have the protection plan and yes that is the number.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

8 y مضت

Very impressed. Called DTV service at 11:15 am and tech was at my door at 12:30. Replaced head end of dish and replaced receiver as well. Thanks to all.

H. Wright

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.