Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

B

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, November 26th, 2022 10:12 AM

Swap HR54 and C61K

Hi, 

I am looking to swap locations of my HR54-200 box with one of my C61K-700 boxes in order to get 4K on the TV currently connected to the HR54.  I found the 8 way splitter and swapped outputs such that the coax that was previously feeding the old location of the C61 was now connected to the red port of the splitter.  I then swapped the boxes.  I thought this should work but am getting satellite connection errors.  Is there any other splitter configuration or setup issue that could be causing this to happen?  I am not aware of any intermediate other devices in the setup like a power inserter etc., but it’s hard to gauge because everything is in the ceiling with only a small access hole to the splitter. 

If helpful, here is my full box setup: I have the HR54, two C61Ks, two C41Ws, a wireless bridge, and an old Hr24-500.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

3.3K Messages

2 months ago

The port connected to the red POWER PASS on the splitter should be connected to the HR54’s new location as the HR54 was likely powering the whole system. I guess you are getting error code 775? 

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Thank you very much for the reply.  Yes - error 775.  And yes I swapped the two port connections so that the HR54 remained connected to the red power pass port when the boxes were flipped.  But perplexed that it didn’t work.  

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

3.3K Messages

2 months ago

@Burt805 

That’s very odd. Have you tried a red button reset of the HR54 receiver?

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Yes tried red button reset.  And agree odd and doesn’t make logical sense so clearly I’m doing something wrong / stupid or there is some other nuance to the setup that I can’t see.  

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.