Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

indiane's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Sep 21, 2011 10:25 PM

Trying to get locals for Tailgating

Hello all.  I live in Harrison, Ark.  We tailgate in Jonesboro, Ark.  At my home we have HD Directv five LNB dish.  We receive our locals from Springfield, MO.  When we tailgate, I have an 18" round SD directv dish & SD box (D10-300) that I use that's easier to setup.  The problem is we do not receive our locals on the 18" dish while we tailgate & many of the football games that we want to watch are on the network stations.  I don't think an antenna would help that much sans ABC (currently Jonesboro's only affiliate).  All of the others would have to come from Memphis, TN.  A friend of mine has Directv in Jonesboro & has the five LNB dish as well (at his house).  His "locals" aren't truely local but are the New York east coast feed network stations.  If I use his receiver with my 18" round dish, will I be able to pick up the east coast network channels? I'm hope that his east coast network channels are on the 101 satellite which I think will allow me to pick those channels up with my 18" dish.  I'm a little worried bc on the directv website, when you type in Jonesboro's zip code, it lists the east coast channels as HD  & says that you need HD equipment.  He does have 1 SD box  & he gets those channels on that box as well.  Thanks for your help

irishntn

Guru

• 

535 Messages

11 years ago

If you are using the same D10 at the house and you get your local channel on the receiver then your SD locals are beamed off of the 119 sat instead of the 101. You will need to optain a 18x20 Phase III dish. They are just as easy to allighn as the 18" round dish. Those distant locals you friend is getting are beamed off of the 101 Sat. You can use one of his receivers with your current dish if you wish as well.
dcd

Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

11 years ago

And yes, his receiver will pick up the DNS stations anywhere it's used.  The SD signals do come from the 101.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the reply guys. I'll use his box with my dish. Theyre currently moving Springfield's to another satellite that requires the larger dish.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.