Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Rogert's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 17, 2017 6:32 PM

Want to hook up surround sound receiver

All equipment is about 2 years old and want to now use stereo Pioneer receiver for surrond sound.

Does cable currently going to HR44 DVR go to stereo receiver 1st and then Stereo receiver to HR44?

Then HR44 to TV?

What cables should I use? All HDMI?

Directv equipment: HR44-500, (SWM odu only) on box that supplies cable to HR44 box.

Pioneer 7.1 1080p receiver

Sharp - Aquos TV

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

6.5K Messages

5 y ago

hdmi from hr44 to avr.

hdmi from avr to tv

DTV_Assist25

Associated Member

• 

288 Messages

5 y ago

There are many different ways to connect the receiver to a sound system. Here are some ways you can connect it

1. Plug HDMI cable into the Directv receiver, and the other end of the HDMI cable will plug into a "HDMI In" on your Pioneer sound system. Then on your Pioneer sound system, Take another HDMI cable and plug it into "HDMI out" on your pioneer sound system and connect it to one of the HDMI ports on your tv. (If you do this, just make sure your pioneer sound system is on the righ input as well as your TV)

2. Another way you can connect it would be to connect the HDMI cable to the back of the receiver and then the other end would connect to the back of the TV. Then you can hook up a Digital optical cable to the back of the Directv Receiver where it says "Optical Audio Out", and the other end you will connect to the Pioneer sound system where it says "Opitcal Audio In". (If you do this, make sure that the tv is on the correct input to get a picture, you also may want to either turn the speakers off in the tv or turn the volume down, and then make sure your Pioneer sound system is on the right input too)

3. Another way you can try would be to connect the HDMI cable to the back of the receiver and then the other end would connect to the back of the TV. Then isntead of using the Digital Optical cable, you can use the standard RCA/Composite cables (Yellow, White, and Red cables). You just connect only the White and the Red cables to the back of the Directv receiver in the "Audio Out" ports, and then the other end connects to your Pioneer sound system in the "Audio In" ports. (If you do this, make sure that the tv is on the correct input to get a picture, you also may want to either turn the speakers off in the tv or turn the volume down, and then make sure your Pioneer sound system is on the right input too).

There are other ways to get the audio to work from the Pioneer sound system, but those are the most common methods. Good luck, hopefully one of those methods work for you

Contributor

3 y ago

How to hook up my htr5650 Yamaha to my souround sound subwoofer

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

41.5K Messages

3 y ago

@Cindyroma11 wrote:

How to hook up my htr5650 Yamaha to my souround sound subwoofer

Not sure what this has to do with DirecTV equipment. 

Have you checked your Yamaha owner's manual or their support forum?

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.