Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

TASWALB's profile
TASWALB
#1 Star!
Helpful 1
Supersonic 25!

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

Sat, Apr 9, 2016 8:45 PM

Closed

Which channels are on which satellites and transponders?

Is there a list somewhere that shows which satellite and transponder is used for each Direct TV channel?

For instance what channel(s) use(s) Satellite 101 transponder 1, Satellite 101 transponder 2, etc.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.3K Messages

6年前

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

16.7K Messages

6年前

101 and 119 are SD.

lostmind12

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

6年前

It really depends on where you are located for local channels. National channels are as follows. SD come from the 101 signal, where HD comes mostly from the 103 or 99, spanish language programming comes from the 119. As for locals, they can vary based on location, and can come from any one of the feeds, most HD locals are from the 103 or the 99 though. Local SD channels come from mostly the 101, but depending on location can come from the 119, the 99 or the 103 only. 

brisak

Professor

• 

1K Messages

6年前

Lyngsat.com
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.3K Messages

6年前

@brisak wrote:
Lyngsat.com

Not really up-to-date any more. 

TASWALB

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

6年前

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/200951-transponder-maps-domestic-dla-data-462016/

The excel spreadsheet TPN_Map_Domestic_160406.xlsx  on the bottom of the linked page shows exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you litzdog911.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.3K Messages

6年前

You're welcome!  Glad to help. Enjoy!

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6年前

I have a very simple queastion, I am trying to aim my satellite dish using a I-phone progam which shows the names of the satellites.  I see names like Direct TV-8V and Direct TV 14 non at the 0 elevation and the Azmuth is alover the place.  I can see my neigboors general diection but on my phone I cannot tell its pointing at any satellite.  Yet its a direct TV dish.   

So my question is what is the name I should be aiming my dish to and where do I put my phone for reference.

Many thakns in advace. 
WC

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

16.7K Messages

6年前

DTV SL3 101 sat is the one you need to lock in then dither the rest.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6年前

Thank you Profressor.  Sorry about my terrible spelling, hasty writing...  I don't see that name on my list.  Would I look for Direct TV rather than DTV? 

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6年前

I can see the following 

DIRECTTV 4S

DIRECTTV 9S

DIRECTTV 8

DIRECTTV 14

DIRECTTV 11

Any of these my HD service? 

W
C

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

16.7K Messages

6年前

Is there a multi LNB setting as that is what you need and yes Directv.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6年前

Sorry or my lack of knowlllege on this, what is a multi NLB? What I wrote out is what I see on the agumented display showing an image of each satellite.  

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6年前

A low Noise Block downconverter?  (LNB)

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

6年前

I have a slim line dish and a late model LNB in front of the dish.  Is singe circular cap but it recived until recenlty full HD signal.   Roofers moved it out of the way, I am trying for a few days now to line it up again.  With no success. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.