Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Rknett's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, March 10th, 2018 12:18 PM

Whole home error

I could not delete a recorded show because DVR said it was being watched in another room.  Problem is I only have one DVR.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

5 years ago

Is it a genie with minis in other rooms?, if so the minis function from the genie so if a mini is watching a recording it can't be deleted since all the recordings stream from the genie.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

44K Messages

5 years ago

First thing to try is resetting your DVR using the red button near the access card. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I did reset it, but even after I did it was recording a series that is not listed on my record list.  My DVR acts like other receivers are attached but I only have one.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

It is an HR54 and it is the only one I have, no other receivers.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

And it also has a video bridge error everyday.  I do not have a video bridge, this is the only receiver.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

5 years ago

You have the 3rd generation Genie (HR54). Getting an error about watching in another room and problem with video bridge, but only have 1 TV total? If that is the case do you live in an apartment complex, or another setup known as a multi dwelling unit (MDU)? If so you will need to contact your system operator for the building as MDUs when not done properly can have "bleedthrough" between residents where they connect to each other boxes when they shouldn't.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

It is an RV park and individuals have their own systems but it is connected to the internet, probably with some other DVR's.  Could this be the problem?

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

5 years ago

If the park has a shared internet, instead of each user having their own connection, that could very well be the issue. Assuming this is connected by WiFi: Menu > Settings & Help > Settings > Internet > Advanced > Reset Network Defaults. This would tell your Genie to forget the router name and password, disconnecting it from the internet. I would suggest a red button reset afterwards to be safe as well.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.