Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

tx3800's profile
tx3800
#1 Star!
Supersonic 25!

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

Wednesday, July 30th, 2014 7:13 PM

Why did 3 TNT series programs drop from my list of schedule recordings?

On 7/30/14 I discovered the first of three TNT network series programs no longer on my series manager list: Rizzolli & Isles.  This was after (if it matters) a three day loss of satellite connection due to the dish being moved while new roof was installed.  A DirecTV tech re-installed the dish (7/27/14) and performed a system check which showed all was functioning properly.

After discovering this dropping of one series I checked the remaining 49 programs listed and found two other TNT network series program missing; Falling Skies and Major Crimes.  I add the missing shows back to the series manager list but it will at least 4-5 days before next new shows play.  I have 89% free space remaining in my series manager.

Reviewing similar issues raised on this forum I didn't find anything that might explain what has happened.  BTW:  all three TNT shows have been recorded successfully for several weeks now.  Other non-TNT series shows (both daily and weekly) have remained on the series manager list and recorded.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

8 years ago

techismgame wrote:

First your series Manager, the series manager only has room for 50 shows

Actually the Genie has a limit of 100 series.  HR2x still has the "old" 50 series limit

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

9 years ago

What model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door..

tx3800

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

9 years ago

Model HR 34-700

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

you are talking about 2 different things and making them one.  First your series Manager, the series manager only has room for 50 shows so if you were at 49 and added 3 shows that is why 2 of them did not record. Second the 89% free space is how much more room you have on your memory for shows and has nothing to do with your series manager. you can go to the guide and record as many shows as you want but the series manager only has room for 50 shows. hope this helped

tx3800

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

8 years ago

TKS for insight about the limit of 50 series.  I was not aware of the limit.

Follow-up?

Does this mean that the 51st and higher listed program on the list would not record?

(I do know that the lower a program is listed (example 1,2,3,etc)  it will record before higher listed programs (example 20,21, 22, etc).

The three TNT programs listed in the original question were all listed in the 20s or 30s.  They had been around for awhile.  They were not the 51st or higher number shows.

Is the solution to get a Genie model equipment to up the limit to 100?  In the meantime I will review the series manager and delete shows to be sure I am under the 50 limit.

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

8 years ago

The HR34 is a Genie.  perhaps the disappearance of these series was a glitch.

tx3800

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

8 years ago

That's what I was considering; just a glitch. 

In any case I cut the list to 48 programs on series manager. 

I will move the three previously deleted program to number 1,2, and 3 in the series mgr list. We will see what happens next time programs run.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.