Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

psyentist's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 2:55 PM

WIred Genie Mini not recognizing valid TV Resolutions

I have a wired Genie mini (HR44-500) that recently stopped recognizing valid TV Resolutions for my 1080i/720p TV.  When I go into settings, the 480p resolution is checked and all other resolutions (which are supported by the television with the exception of 1080p) are inaccessible and have the phrase "(Not supported by TV)" next to them.  These resolutions are supported by the TV.  I've tried resetting the mini...I've tried resetting everything to the defaults (lost all my recorded shows in that one) and nothing I do will remedy the situation.  I've also tried setting both (and separately) setting Native to Off and setting HDMI Control to Off.  Can anyone help with this?  I have an HD TV.  I would like to watch programming in HD.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.7K Messages

5 years ago

HR44 is the Genie itself, not the Mini Genie Client. What is the model of Mini Genie you are having problems with?

To clarify did you first reset the main Genie, and then when it finished reset the Mini Genie Client? Preferred reset procedure as it relies on the main box to function. If so I would unplug the power cord from the Mini for at least 15 seconds to see if it has anything stuck in memory. After that would be resetting the TV in case it is a communication issue from that side (sometimes happens with all the additional controls through HDMI). Finally would be doing a system test to see if anything pulls up. Test can only be run from the main Genie: Menu > Settings & Help > Settings > Info and Test > Run System Test (similar path if you have the new GUI).

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

44.1K Messages

5 years ago

A couple suggestions ...

Try a different HDMI port on your TV

Try a different HDMI cable

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the idea, but no joy.  I tried a new cable and port.  The issue persists.  I know the TV will go into a 1080i mode because it goes into that mode with my Blu-ray player. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Still needing help on this one...Anyone have any ideas?

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.