Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

angelleye's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Sat, Aug 20, 2022 5:54 PM

How in the heck do I watch the NFL this year?? Horrible experience so far!

Last year I signed up for Directv Stream so that I could get the NFL Sunday Ticket package.  It worked great, and I was able to watch every game as expected.

This year I'm trying to do the same thing and it has been an absolutely disgusting experience.  Please, somebody help me through this.

First, I went to this page:  https://www.directv.com/sports/nfl/

On that page it very clearly states that if you sign up for Directv Stream Choice package or above then you get the full Sunday Ticket Max.

I did this, but I have NOT been able to watch the games.  Last week was first week of preseason games, and it only gave me access to a few of the games.  This week again there are preseason games, and yet again I do not have access to see all the games.

I called Directv support and they're telling me that the NFL package is a separate subscription I have to sign up for, and that it's NOT included with Directv Stream Choice like the website clearly advertises.  Okay, fine, whatever.

So they gave me the phone number of the "NFL team" and told me I had to call them.  When I call them they tell me they only support Satellite, and they don't support Stream.

However, they did say they could override this, and I could sign up with NFL TV without the need for Directv at all.  Okay, fine, that sounds better anyway.

So I sign up for this under a separate account, and I pay the additional $300+ for this service.  

At this point I was able to log in to the website under this new account.  It tells me I have to download the Sunday NFL Ticket app, so I do that.  However, the app keeps telling me "there are no accounts with this ID and password combination" even though the same combination works just fine to log in to the website.

We tried resetting the password, but the app won't let me login with the temporary password that the support agent set for me.  So we go back to the website, login with temp password, change the password again, and now I'm logged in to the site again.

Then I go back to the app, and once again, it tells me there is no account matching those credentials.

So then the person asked me to go back to my web browser and go to https://nflst.directv.com, and from there click to sign in to an existing account.

When I do that it sends me back to the att login, and this time I log in with the new email/password that I just created with this rep who INSISTS that I do NOT need a Directv account in order to use this Sunday Ticket TV account.  When I log in with this account, though, it tells me "You don't have TV service.  You will be automatically logged out."  And then it does exactly that...logs me out before allowing me to actually try and do anything with the account.

So I keep telling this person that it looks like it DOES require an active Directv account in order to add the NFL Sunday Ticket package.  So we try again using the existing account email I have with Directv STREAM.

Once again, I sign up and pay from this account, and it looks like everything works, but then when I try to sign in to the app it tells me again that there is no account that matches that login.

Of course, the same credentials allow me to login to my att.com/directv account without any issue.

At this point the rep on the phone said "we'll just have to wait and see if it works later.  This is an NFL problem.  We are only a provider."

All I'm trying to do here is give you guys hundreds of dollars for the service you say you provide, and I've tried it in a variety of different ways with a variety of different support agents, yet nobody can seem to help me actually get it done and they have zero answers for me on what to do when we get to this point.

What the heck is going on here?  How can I get this working!?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

You aren’t giving us any money. We are customers just like you on a public forum.

First, DIRECTV STREAM does NOT have NFL SUNDAY TICKET, it never did. You are confusing two separate services (DIRECTV satellite and DIRECTV STREAM). The website is correct about what it advertises, signing up with DIRECTV SATELLITE Choice package or above and enjoying a free season.

Somehow you thought DIRECTV satellite was the same as DIRECTV STREAM and that you would be getting a free year of NFL SUNDAY TICKET.

So, please confirm. Do you have DIRECTV satellite service (via satellite dish) or DIRECTV STREAM (over internet service via streaming devices and/or smart TV) ?

You should never have had to make a separate NFLsundayticket.TV account if you actually subbed to DIRECTV satellite service. However, with DTV STREAM, you may have. But, there are always specific reasons as to why you would need the streaming version of NFL SUNDAY TICKET. Whether this be due to the fact that you are in an apartment, don’t have clear line of sight to the satellites, etc., you can’t just create an account without an agent seriously messing up.

Anyway, the number for actual NFL SUNDAY TICKET support is in my greeting below. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3K Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

The link you provided clearly indicates "DirecTV" not "DirecTV Stream". They are 2 separate services.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

Hey guys, I appreciate the replies!

I'm completely open to the fact I could be confused somewhere.  However, the fact does remain that I signed up for Direct TV Stream last year, and I was able to watch ALL NFL games included with that.  I never had to sign up for anything separate.

I was using YouTube TV at the time, and then I moved to a new state where I couldn't watch the games I wanted anymore because I was out of region.  That's when I leanred I could switch from YouTube TV to DirecTV Stream and would get the football games.  I did that, and it worked great.  I use the STREAM app on my phone as well as on my Smart TV's, and I was able to watch the NFL games all last year, no problem at all.

I have NEVER had a satellite dish of any kind.

So again, as it stands now I have an active Directv STREAM account.

That phone number for NFL Sunday Ticket support is the number I called when we went through the whole process of creating a separate account.  I paid for the separate Sunday Ticket service, but then it wouldn't let me log in to the app, and that person couldn't give me an answer as to why.  

They asked me to try signing in through https://nflst.directv.com, and then click to log in with an existing account.  When I do that, it works to log in, but tells me "you don't have TV service" and automatically logs me back out.

That made me think it needed to be done on the same account that my Directv Stream is with, so we tried it again under that.  Created the new account, paid for it, and I was successfully logged in to the NFL ST TV site where it tells me to download the app again.  But again, when I try to sign in to the app it tells me there is no account that matches the credentials (which I just used to login to the site to download the app.)

All i'm trying to do is sign up for this service so I can watch the games however possible.  I've talked to both Directv Stream support (who told me the same thing you are, that I need to talk to NFL support specifically), and I've also talked to NFL support who successfully signed me up and took the payment (twice), but can't tell me why I can't log in.

What's the next step?  Who can I talk to that will actually help me with this?

(edited)

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

I’ve provided everything we know as customers. You have to try that number again. Like I said, it’s hard to believe you were able to watch any sort of NFL-based game without NFL Network or NFL SUNDAY TICKET, both not offered via DIRECTV STREAM.

Ludwick577

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

I don't think Directv Stream has ever offered NFL Sunday ticket. 

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

LOL, this is so strange.  Everybody is telling me this isn't possible, but I DID it just last year.  I had every single NFL game in my Directv STREAM app.

It was kind of frustrating because they wouldn't show up until right when the game was about to start, and the recording options would sometimes work and sometimes not.  But watching live worked every single time for every single game, and it was the thing they used to get me to switch from YouTube TV to Directv STREAM.

I just called again and got on the phone with the NFL support.  Yet again, we created a new account for NFL ST TV directly (which still has me login through att.com).  Upon doing so I get an email with this link:  http://nflsundayticket.tv/

When I click that link I then have to click "sign in to an existing account".  From there it takes me back to an att.com sign-in again, and when I go ahead and log in there with the new account we just created it gives me a message that says "We see that you do not have TV service.  You will be automatically logged out."  And it does exactly that...logs me out.  Doesn't let me do anything.

The NFL support person told me to just download the NFL Sunday Ticket app and sign in with that using the account we just created.  I do that, but then it says there is no account associated with the email/password I'm logging in with.  

The support person then reset the pw to a temp pw and asked me to try again in the app.  This time it specifically said "you cannot log in to the app with a temp pw."

Okay, fine.  We went back to the att log in, logged in there using the temp pw, changed it successfully, and were logged in again to the page where it tells me to download the app.

Then I try logging in to the app again, and now we're back to the message telling me there is no account associated with those credentials.

At that point the NFL Directv support perosn says "This must be an NFL problem.  I can't help you anymore."

After that I got on the chat again, and they had somebody call me.  I explained the situation, that I'm simply trying to get into NFL ST one way or another, and then I said "is this something you can help me with?"  Dead air.  Call was disconnected, and he didn't bother calling me back again.

I mean...I just don't get it.  

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.8K Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

sunday ticket does NOT include preseason games!

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

After talking to literally 7 different people, I finally found somebody that actually knew what was going on.

Last year the full NFL Ticket package WAS INDEED INCLUDED with Directv Stream.  It was something AT&T apparently did but then the NFL got mad, which is part of the reason they decided to make their own streaming network and drop Directv altogether, which is apparently the plan going forward.

This person said that, of course, I'm not the only one complaining about this, and they've lost a lot of Stream subscribers because of it, and they're trying to negotiate with the NFL about it.

I remember thinking at the time how that's a killer deal for them to be able to include Sunday Ticket with Stream.  It stole me away from YouTube TV and many others.

Apparently the NFL didn't like that, and they aren't allowing AT&T to include it with Directv Stream anymore like they did before.

So anyway, I'm not crazy.  They did have that included last year, and it was awesome.  

What happens now is they want you to register for "NFL Sunday Ticket TV", which still goes through AT&T log in right now, but it says my address isn't eligible.  Then they say no problem we can override that, and they do, so then it lets me sign up and pay.  But then it doesn't let me actually sign into the app to watch the games, and nobody at AT&T or Directv or this special NFL support team at Directv can tell me why.

• 

2 Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

I having the same issue

i have spoken to 6 different agents who gave me a number of different explantions

two claim there is a ‘global issue’ but it should be resolved before games start in Sept

not sure if this a real explanation or just an excuse to get me of the phone / chat

• 

2 Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

Ithe whole Directv customer service was absolutely terrible. Multiple teams transferring me to a different team and saying they can’t help and a different team was responsible 

I am looking forward to when Apple or Amazon or whoever take over the NFL device 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

NFL Sunday Ticket is through DirecTV (satellite). As normal, DIRECTV STREAM (streaming-only) does not have those games for the 2022 season. The Sunday Ticket is for in-season games only, pre-season never a part of it.

It is not dropped from DirecTV at this time. But there are big talks with streaming options. So the 2023 season and going forward are a little up in the air at the moment.

• 

5 Messages

17 d مضت

I’m currently experiencing the same log-in problem even though I’ve paid DirecTV and the NFL? (Edited per community guidelines) 

(edited)

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

17 d مضت

@EaglessucKK 

apparently there’s a workaround..

Add @doc after your login.  For example:    Johnsmith@gmail.com@dtv

Ludwick577

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

17 d مضت

NFL Sunday ticket is available thru Dtv Satellite. This is Dtv Stream forum. Wrong forum

• 

5 Messages

17 d مضت

@detuch254 Not to be stupid, but your example uses "@dtv". You said to add "@doc". How do I know which to use, please? TIA.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.