Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

angelleye's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Sat, Aug 20, 2022 5:54 PM

How in the heck do I watch the NFL this year?? Horrible experience so far!

Last year I signed up for Directv Stream so that I could get the NFL Sunday Ticket package.  It worked great, and I was able to watch every game as expected.

This year I'm trying to do the same thing and it has been an absolutely disgusting experience.  Please, somebody help me through this.

First, I went to this page:  https://www.directv.com/sports/nfl/

On that page it very clearly states that if you sign up for Directv Stream Choice package or above then you get the full Sunday Ticket Max.

I did this, but I have NOT been able to watch the games.  Last week was first week of preseason games, and it only gave me access to a few of the games.  This week again there are preseason games, and yet again I do not have access to see all the games.

I called Directv support and they're telling me that the NFL package is a separate subscription I have to sign up for, and that it's NOT included with Directv Stream Choice like the website clearly advertises.  Okay, fine, whatever.

So they gave me the phone number of the "NFL team" and told me I had to call them.  When I call them they tell me they only support Satellite, and they don't support Stream.

However, they did say they could override this, and I could sign up with NFL TV without the need for Directv at all.  Okay, fine, that sounds better anyway.

So I sign up for this under a separate account, and I pay the additional $300+ for this service.  

At this point I was able to log in to the website under this new account.  It tells me I have to download the Sunday NFL Ticket app, so I do that.  However, the app keeps telling me "there are no accounts with this ID and password combination" even though the same combination works just fine to log in to the website.

We tried resetting the password, but the app won't let me login with the temporary password that the support agent set for me.  So we go back to the website, login with temp password, change the password again, and now I'm logged in to the site again.

Then I go back to the app, and once again, it tells me there is no account matching those credentials.

So then the person asked me to go back to my web browser and go to https://nflst.directv.com, and from there click to sign in to an existing account.

When I do that it sends me back to the att login, and this time I log in with the new email/password that I just created with this rep who INSISTS that I do NOT need a Directv account in order to use this Sunday Ticket TV account.  When I log in with this account, though, it tells me "You don't have TV service.  You will be automatically logged out."  And then it does exactly that...logs me out before allowing me to actually try and do anything with the account.

So I keep telling this person that it looks like it DOES require an active Directv account in order to add the NFL Sunday Ticket package.  So we try again using the existing account email I have with Directv STREAM.

Once again, I sign up and pay from this account, and it looks like everything works, but then when I try to sign in to the app it tells me again that there is no account that matches that login.

Of course, the same credentials allow me to login to my att.com/directv account without any issue.

At this point the rep on the phone said "we'll just have to wait and see if it works later.  This is an NFL problem.  We are only a provider."

All I'm trying to do here is give you guys hundreds of dollars for the service you say you provide, and I've tried it in a variety of different ways with a variety of different support agents, yet nobody can seem to help me actually get it done and they have zero answers for me on what to do when we get to this point.

What the heck is going on here?  How can I get this working!?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3K Messages

17 d مضت

You might, can stream it, but it's not a DirecTV Stream product but a DirecTV satellite product. 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.3K Messages

17 d مضت

• 

3 Messages

5 d مضت

I can’t believe this company can stay in business. I have spent about 6 hours on the phone over the past week or so getting bounced around. I signed up for the choice package but was not given the Sunday max. When I called they charged me. When I called for a refund they deleted the package. When I called back I was mysteriously disconnected. Dies anyone at ATT or DIRECTV care? It does not appear so.

Ludwick577

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

5 d مضت

Should have done your research and looked online b/c you would have known NFL Sunday Ticket is no longer thru Dtv Stream. 

• 

3 Messages

5 d مضت

I am a satellite customer. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 d مضت

@Frustratedbeyondbelief 

This is the DIRECTV STREAM section of the forum. If you have normal DirecTV (as in satellite TV), then you should post in that section if you want guidance from other users.

• 

3 Messages

5 d مضت

Thanks, and sorry to mispost, but have to admit it was somewhat cathartic to express my frustration !

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.