Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

P

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Dec 14, 2021 1:53 PM

Unable to sign in to Directv stream / never ending loop.

Im completely lost. I work in IT and have never been this stumped. I have ATT Fiber and just switched from DirecTV to DirecTV Stream. I am unable to access DirecTV Stream because it will constantly try to either 1) Take me to my DirecTV standard account or 2) If I do try to log into DirecTV Stream separately with a separate ID I have created for it, it tells me: 

Check your entry and try again. Keep in mind, you’ll have to reset your password after too many unsuccessful sign-in attempts.
Care Code: 201 [LU100]
The stream box I ordered with DirecTV Stream does not work due to my sign in issues. It tries to auto-sign me in with my main user account and fails telling me I need to sign in with my ATT User ID and password. They even sent me another box when I was telling them we just need to turn auto sign in off. 
I cannot log in to my account, I just got charged a bill, I am unable to use the box I am paying for, I have ZERO access to my email because it too is broken and will not allow me to log in, and they offered me a $7 credit on the phone yesterday after talking to another guy for an hour with no assistance.
I really dont want to have to cancel all of my ATT services, you guys have been great but this is absolutely insane. Please fix my account. I have changed every email on my account so none of them overlap and its still a sign in nightmare with no end in sight. 
I am in a never ending loop of not being able to access my service. If that's not bad enough, I have spent literally hours on the phone with all kinds of different people with absolutely no assistance. 

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

Hey, I got my 2nd box today.   Not surprisingly it does the same sign on loop. 

I tried a different tact today and instead of saying I wanted help with my stream box I just concentrated on asking how to get my userid for stream set up under a different Id than the rest of my linked accounts.  I went through 2 hours and 4 people transferring me around until eventually the last one "transferred" me to my own cell phone number.   Now onto the phone calls to cancel service. 

• 

11 Messages

9 months ago

I’m in the same situation, did you ever get resolution? Auto sign on keeps looping and I have multiple accounts under 1 Att sign on.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3.3K Messages

9 months ago

You need to use a diiferent email/id then with other AT&T srvices. it's a known issue documented in several posts.

• 

4 Messages

9 months ago

@Lorenho I finally reached someone that was able to remove auto sign in, it was either a combination done on the remote or something they did on the back end. I believe they did it on the back end. I ended up having to get a new box anyway because I had to create an account and the box was assigned to my other account. Just a mess.

• 

11 Messages

9 months ago

They sent me a new box and still same issue with now over 8 hours on phone with multiple customer service centers. They even sent out someone from Att that no longer supports DTV… I guess I need to get third box, oh wait I guess just get rid of dtv stream since it doesn’t work unless you are a new account… what a horrible experience this has been!

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

I am having the exact same problem not being able to log in because it is linked to my att account. I have called and none seems to know the answer. I noticed someone said to create a new username and password. How can I do that without canceling the actual account?  I would be losing a promotion I used to get both internet and tv for cheaper if I cancel. Thanks for the help 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3.3K Messages

6 months ago

Can you login to your account? You can change your email and password from your account.

linrey

• 

18 Messages

6 months ago

I had this issue due to my Internet, original DirecTV, and email ALL now being in the ATT realm. It has been a nightmare.

My Stream login issue was finally resolved when I was told to establish A NEW EMAIL FOR MY STREAM LOGIN. I have half a dozen email accounts, so I offered one up - and it has been clear sailing. Hope this might be the answer for others...

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3.3K Messages

6 months ago

Known issue that has been posted all over these forums. At least you are in now and able to enjoy(?) the service.

linrey

• 

18 Messages

6 months ago

Sorry to hear that it's "all over these forums". That seems that indicate that ATT/DirecTV should put some muscle into figuring out how to better serve very long-time customers who've acquired a number of logins for their service over decades with them. And some of us newcomers haven't had time to be "all over these forums" to read all of the discussions quite yet, but I'll persevere. 

• 

5 Messages

4 months ago

I'm having the exact same issue and it's so frustrating. It says I need to reactivate my account, but the people on the phone keep telling me that my account is activated and they just can't figure it out. Was there ever a solution?

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3.3K Messages

4 months ago

Have you verified your account is active by logging into your account and checking subscription status?

• 

5 Messages

4 months ago

Yes. They’re even saying it’s active. They just can’t figure out the problem. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3.3K Messages

4 months ago

Were you a previous subscriber and resubscribed or what or has it been working and now receiving the error?

• 

5 Messages

4 months ago

I have att cell, fiber and direct tv. It’s not allowing me to make a different login. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.