Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

N
nabuch
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

• 

20 Messages

Mon, Sep 19, 2022 1:40 PM

DTV streaming device

I am on my third streaming box and everyone has blown out the modem in a few days.  It works great for a few days, and then no network connection and the front keeps blinking red.  Seeing as how this is the third one in a row, I must assume there is something on my end that is causing it.  So is it not compatible with fi-optics, is my speed more than it can handle, does it not like my Samsung 8k TV, or what, or am I just the most unlucky person on the planet to get three bad ones in a row?  Seeing as how I have no choice but to use something else, any suggestions what is best, Roku, Chrome, Apple +, or something else, and what model?

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3.4K Messages

2 months ago

The Ethernet port is only 10/100, so fiber optic speed is over kill.

Ludwick577

ACE - New Member

• 

2.3K Messages

2 months ago

Yah, but "overkill" would not cause a box to become defective. I have 1 Gig service and have been using my box for over a year. Maybe your box is overheating? Do you ever feel it? Mine used to get hot when I first got it then I put it on a stand that has airflow under it. My stand looks like something you'd cool cookies off on after baking. 

(edited)

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.