Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

• 

1 Message

Tue, Apr 26, 2022 6:06 AM

How do I set up direct TV account?

I just had direct TV installed. I tried to download the direct TV app but it asked for a username and password to be used. Since I haven't set one up yet, I went to sign up. There are two options

A) Account Number: I just got setup today after calling yesterday. I don't know my account number and I don't have a bill or anything to check.

B) Phone number and last 4 digits of credit card: I did give a phone number, but didn't give a credit card number because the representative said the activation fee would be on the first bill which I won't get for ~30 days.

So how do I sign up for this? Do I have to call them and get my account number?

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

2.5K Messages

Il y a 2 m

Did you download the DirecTV or DirecTV Stream app? Have you created an account and signup for a package using the website located here

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

2.5K Messages

Il y a 1 m

DirecTV or DirecTV Stream? They are 2 different services. sounds like you downloaded the wrong app.

Ludwick577

• 

1.8K Messages

Il y a 1 m

Do you have a dish? If so, this is the wrong forum.

Plus you just copied and pasted a post from April 26th. Seems like a bot. I wonder what those links are.

(edited)

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

1K Messages

Il y a 1 m

@betens go online here to create an account:

https://www.att.com/acctmgmt/registration/welcome

You will need the account number and 5 digit ZIP code associated with the account. In the future, if you have a satellite concern, post in the satellite forums rather than the DIRECTV STREAM forum as that creates unwanted confusion and moving of posts. 

You get the account number by calling DIRECTV (phone number in my greeting) and ask for sign-in help to be given your account number based on information you already know like the account holder, service address, billing address, phone number, current balance, etc.

(edited)

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

42.8K Messages

Il y a 1 m

That's a spammer. I blocked them. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.