D

• 

1 Message

Wed, Jun 1, 2022 10:30 PM

Optical Output

Is the optical output of the Directv Stream box, PCM or DTS?

Accepted Solution

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.4K Messages

4分前

The optical output can be either PCM stereo, Dolby Digital 2.1 stereo, or DD5.1 surround audio. It depends on what the station/network is broadcasting. And also the audio setting on the DirecTV Stream box. 

Accepted Solution

DIRECTVhelp

Community Support

• 

16.4K Messages

4分前

Hello @davbok9 thank you for reaching out to us. 

We would like to inform that DIRECTV STREAM device supports 4K and Dolby Audio, to be able to enjoy your favorite programming almost like you were in the cinema.

You can also review the information about audio settings that might help with other concerns. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Catalina, DIRECTV STREAM Community

• 

1 Message

2分前

Not true in my case. I am a new subscriber and received my Stream box yesterday.

The Stream box is connected to my Denon x4300 receiver via high speed (4K) HDMI cable. From there it goes by similar cable to the HDMI input on my TV.

The box is set for Surround Sound in the Audio Settings and is running the latest firmware.

The Receiver shows the audio format is Dolby Digital + regardless of what channel I am tuned to and, for the most part, I do get 5.1 on the channels I've tried so far. Where things fall down is audio playback from Apps. A good example is Hulu. No matter what I do Hulu will only output to the front 2 speakers and the Center channel. Plex does exactly the same thing. 2 channels + Center

If I switch to Amazon Prime Video or Netflix it's 5.1.

I've been reading a ton of other posts regarding this issue and it all seems to point to the box and the way it is processing the audio format. It seems 'locked' to DD+

Would it be possible to add an audio setting that allows for a proper passthrough of the audio in order to let the receiver do the processing? If not, since this problem first seems to have surfaced back in 2020, is it on your development roadmap for a fix?

Thanks.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.