V

• 

4 Messages

Tue, May 24, 2022 4:30 AM

roku

Will the Direct Stream box do anything the Roku won't do?  I already have a roku, and not sure if I need the box, install at my house has not yet been done.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3K Messages

4 m مضت

The box with the remote offers the use of channel numbers if that is desired. No other device with a remote offers that function.

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

4 m مضت

There is no "install at the house" it's all self installation 

• 

4 Messages

4 m مضت

Brand new house, they have not yet ran the cable to the house, so yea, it IS an install at the house.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.4K Messages

4 m مضت

What "cable"?  Is that for your internet service?  The internet installer doesn't have anything to do with DirecTV Stream service or equipment. 

• 

4 Messages

4 m مضت

Fiber Optic cable, I just called AT&T, as ATT owns DirectTV the installer, is indeed installing everything, confirmed less then 15 minutes ago.  Not much to installing on the inside, but they do it, and make sure it is working.  I confirmed this with the ATT Tech who is installing the next door neighbors as I type this.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.4K Messages

4 m مضت

I didn't think that AT&T internet installers had anything to do with installing DirecTV Stream equipment. We'll see what you get. 

• 

4 Messages

4 m مضت

Yea, not really to worried about it, after the fiber jacks are run a 5 year old could get the TV up and running.  But ATT said they would do it, so I will find out on the second of next month.

• 

2 Messages

3 m مضت

I am a new customer starting this week, and am using the Directv streaming box on one tv, the Directv app on a newer Samsung tv, and I just ordered a Roku 4K stick for an older tv. Since the Directv streaming box costs you $5 per month for 24 months ($120), it is a consideration. I am thinking of replacing it with a Roku Ultra which would also give me AppleTV which the Directv box does not provide. If you like your Roku box, I cannot see a reason to change. The channel number sort thing is not really that useful. The biggest factor really is not having to change inputs for all the other services you might access (in my case Hulu, AppleTV).

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3K Messages

3 m مضت

Changing inputs is really not a big thing. But it is just a personal opinion. 

• 

1 Message

3 m مضت

Before you buy anything you should know the streaming box will only work as long you jump through their hoops and pay for their subscriptions and services.

The technician that came to our house lied to us and said we would be able to use it as a streaming box even without their service, which was the only reason we agreed to buy it, hence his reason for lying to us. 

Not even 2 months before they started jacking us around and changing prices. You should be free to make your own choices based on truth & facts.  company that operates to take that away for the sake of money can't be trusted. I'm only telling you since they won't..

As for the streaming capabilities... there's no real significant difference from other streaming devices that would make it worth purchasing. You'll be better off with the Roku, which you can always use, even without the entrapment tactics of a monopoly 

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

3 m مضت

@bcbsncjljChanging inputs is really not a big thing.

Agree, but I should have added that use of multiple boxes (like Roku and Directv) have the added disadvantage of also having multiple remotes. If you also use a separate sound system, you also have to program remotes to control that. You may end up with 3 or 4 remotes to control your system. It is always better to have only one streaming device and one remote if you can do it.

Ludwick577

ACE - New Member

• 

2.2K Messages

3 m مضت

@izraul Since when does Dtv Stream send out technicians to install a Dtv Stream box??? You were lied to by one? I find that hard to believe since I've never heard of tech visits for Dtv Stream install. So, you joined this community yesterday to chime in on this thread? Seems fake.

(edited)

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.