Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

C
CPU_Fix
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

• 

35 Messages

Fri, May 13, 2022 3:37 AM

Setting up Home Network

So when I have more than 2 devices at home streaming Directv Stream I get an error saying too many streams.  I’m paying for the 3 simultaneous streams and it looks like at my home network I should have much more than that allowed.

When I do a search I see this:

Connected to your home network

Streaming from your home network? You don’t have to do a thing. Just sign in to the DIRECTV STREAM app from any mobile or TV device connected to your home network.

Not sure if your device is connected to your home network? Check the connection:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Select Preferences and then Location Settings.
  3. Check your Home Location. If you see:
    • Connected, your device is connected to your home network.
    • Not connected, your device isn’t connected to your home network

I do not see that option anywhere.  Location settings is either ON or OFF.  Nothing about HOME location.  Not on my Directv Stream device.  Not on my iPad or iPhone app.  Not on my FireTV or my AppleTV.  Can someone help me out?  

Thanks in advance.

GTyz

• 

57 Messages

1分前

@CPU_Fix  Okay, so why cannot you see the options I posted last night on your DTV Box? that's a problem (which version do you have of the app? I have 29.2.120.19). That's the biggest issue because you should be able to do it by yourself w/o the need of a customer rep; the second thing, they should be able to trigger an update on your home IP address, so that it propagates to all your devices and it's recognized as a home IP. :( 

CPU_Fix

• 

35 Messages

1分前

Right.  I keep telling them that’s the problem.  And they keep telling me to look at the preferences menu and select HOME network.  And then I say it’s not there…and we start all over again.  One rep wanted me to uninstall DirecTV from the Stream Device!!

I have the same version of the app.  Wondering if a Factory Reset of the app would help?

GTyz

• 

57 Messages

1分前

@CPU_Fix I'd try that (factory reset) before uninstalling and reinstalling on every single device! apologies, but this issue, I've never seen before.  Maybe the other ACEs have different suggestions. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

2.5K Messages

1分前

It's not your home network. I have a grandfathered account just like you where you get 2 streams, and you pay $5 for a 3rd stream (max allowed for grandfathered accounts). I have my PC, tablet, and Fire Stick running the app right now, If I load the app on my phone I receive the too many stream error just like you. If I cancel one and wait a few minutes, I can load the  app  on my phone. The issue is the counter is not clearing. In the past (AT&T days) they were able to reset the account, and it would clear the counter. Not sure if that still exists in today's world. The point is its not your HOME network.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

2.5K Messages

1分前

I am not even at home! In my RV at a campground in NC.

CPU_Fix

• 

35 Messages

1分前

Correct.  It’s not registering as my home network although it should.  I would love to know how to make it my home network!

factory resetting now so I’ll keep you up to date.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

2.5K Messages

1分前

The only device that uses "home network" is the DirecTV Stream device. That was specifically design to keep up with the new subscription that allow 20 streams at home and 3 out of home. Of the 3 onle 2 can be streaming devices and the other mobile or 3 mobile. Since mobile devices have either GPS or location services they can easily track those devices for location.

CPU_Fix

• 

35 Messages

1分前

That’s what I’m using primarily.  I have 4 stream devices around the house which should be my home network.  My understanding is at Home I should be able to have more than 2 going at once.  Unless I need to change my account.

by the way factory reset did nothing.

thanks!

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

2.5K Messages

1分前

I thought you had 3 streams for a extra $5?

CPU_Fix

• 

35 Messages

1分前

I do.  And when I load the third it throws the error.

GTyz

• 

57 Messages

1分前

@CPU_Fix are you entitled to have 20 in-home streams? I don't think so, right? because you said you have a grandfathered account? that might be why you don't see the option in your Osprey device for HOME location. Then the problem is not your HOME, but more on the "I'm paying for the 3rd stream, and I cannot watch 3 concurrent streams"? 

From a knowledge article:

*DIRECTV STREAM customers who originally signed up for our service when it was called DIRECTV NOW or AT&T TV NOW, and subscribe to one of the packages listed below, is limited to the following streams:

DIRECTV NOW Packages – 2 streams by default but can purchase a 3rd stream for $5.

• Live a Little / Just Right / Go Big /Gotta Have It

AT&T TV NOW Packages – 3 streams by default but cannot purchase additional streams.

• ENTERTAINMENT/CHOICETM/XTRA/ULTIMATE/PREMIER/PLUS/PLUS with HBO/MAX

(edited)

GTyz

• 

57 Messages

1分前

Also, @CPU_Fix, some people (not saying you're one) share account details with friends and family. Another thing to try is to change your password, so if there are any devices with cached data, you force them to stop/release the session id. Just an additional thought. Now I'm obsessed with this issue. 

GTyz

• 

57 Messages

1分前

Okay, @CPU_Fix, I was able to confirm with a friend who has an old account he got when the service was DIRECTV NOW... Gotta Have It, 20 hrs DVR - the  Settings/Preferences/Location Settings/Home Location option is not showing; it shows only the Location ON/OFF as you described, phew. So I'd highly advise you to change your password and see if it flushes all sessions on all the devices you're logged in to. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

2.5K Messages

1分前

It does not matter. The "Home" setting is not the problem for the too many stream error. It's a stream counter issue, not being reset.

GTyz

• 

57 Messages

1分前

Agree @bcbsncjlj, but today I learned something new :) which is why Osprey shows different things for Location Settings based on account details. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.