Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

3 Messages

Tuesday, May 14th, 2024 5:07 PM

Substitute T-Vision Hub for DirecTV hub?

I currently stream with DirecTV in my vacation rental unit.  At home, I also want to stream with DirecTV.  I now stream with T-Vision/YouTube.  Can I use my T-Vision streaming hub with my DirecTV account? I already have the DirecTV remote. 

3 Messages

7 days ago

PS to "Substitute Hub?":

Also, could I use my ROKU hub to stream my DirecTV?

ACE - Expert

• 

5.3K Messages

7 days ago

If you can download the app to your device and have a broadband internet connection, then the service will work. I would always suggest that any perspective subscriber to always do a free trial of any streaming service.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

7 days ago

The DIRECTV STREAM remote is only compatible with the DIRECTV STREAM box (Gemini or old name Osprey). It doesn't have a way to program for other devices.

If your T-Vision can download the app you should be fine, but you can always check their compatibility list for what is supported.

Get info on compatible streaming devices 

1 Message

6 days ago

Hello,

Thanks for sharing. I found a lot of interesting information here.

ACE - Expert

• 

1.1K Messages

5 days ago

The T-Vision hub is  apparently a commodity Android TV device with the firmware modded to provide a T-Mobile specific "experience" (like AT&T/DTV did to the Gemini).  It is pretty shy on RAM and flash, but if you search the Google Play store from the device and find the DTV app, it should run.  Note that device makers can limit what apps from the Play store will be installable on their devices - if they don't want it, you won't see it in a search.  And yes, any relatively recent Roku (likely any bought new within the last 5 years or so) should be able to run the DTV app.

3 Messages

5 days ago

My original post failed to mention that my issue applies to a TV screen; not a phone or a tablet.  While I have it loaded on both, I seldom use the DTV app.  I want to use my existing TMobil/YouTube hub for watching a bigger TV screen.  Thanks for the responses.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.