Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

T

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Oct 20, 2021 12:19 AM

Unable to Sign In to Directv Stream Box

I signed up for DirecTV Stream on Sept 29th. At first I didn't think I would want a box (DirecTV stream device), but then decided to order one due to the features that none of the other streaming services have. I am switching from DirecTV satellite so I wanted channel numbers in my guide and an experience similar to watching regular TV.  I got the first box and went through the setup process and once it got to the "Welcome to DirecTV Stream" page and wanted me to sign in, I put in my username and password and it simply said, "we don't recognize that ID or password, please double check your info and try again".  The catch is, I can sign in just fine on any other device but not the DirecTV stream device box.

Hours upon hours every night to DirecTV tech support over the last week and three boxes later that they sent me because they thought the box was defective and I still have the same problem. I've soft reset and hard reset all of them multiple times and tried changing my username and password multiple times.  Again, can sign in fine on any device except the DirecTV device.  Yesterday they finally "elevated" my problem to the "back office team" and the "engineers". They said the problem should be fixed within 24 hours. It has not and is still doing the same thing (tried and soft and hard reset on the box..again). Not sure what to do with all these $120 paperweights they keep sending me.  I would really like it to work. I know I could use any other device, but now it's just the principle of the issue. They also sent me to an AT&T store twice, which was an act in futility because they referred me back to customer support.  HELP!!!

• 

5 Messages

1 m ago

Finally! I'm now able to sign in after 3 weeks with customer support. The streaming device seems to work well so far.

Ludwick577

• 

483 Messages

1 m ago

What was the issue?

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

Tree_Frog I am having the exact same issue. What did you do to fix it? Please let me know at817-694-1847

• 

5 Messages

1 m ago

I’m not sure and it seemed to stump DirecTV customer and tech support as well for the longest time.  Finally an astute representative noticed my accounts were linked.  I  had DirecTV satellite when I signed up for Stream and I think the accounts got linked somehow and it messed up something in my account preventing me from using the box until my satellite account was fully removed. I also had the same username for Stream as I did for everything else. They said that may have been causing a problem with all of my accounts being linked with one user name. They unlinked my Stream account with my phone and internet logins which seems to have fixed it. They had to transfer me to “web services” for them to put in a work order to unlink my accounts. About 36 hrs later I could sign in with the box.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.