Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Official

Accepted

Unanswered

Advanced Filters

Search Results (3.1K)

Activity

Closed

Multi-stream

What is meant by multi-stream service. Wouldn't one be able to view two or more channels simultaneously if the service was multi-stream?

Question

• Watching DIRECTV STREAM

DirecTV Stream Channel Up & Down Buttons Not Working on AppleTV App

This issue came about 3-4 days ago. I'm using DirecTV Stream Version 4.0.31 on AppleTV 4K (Model A2169 32GB, the latest version) with tvOS Version 15.4.1. While watching TV, I used to be able to go to the next channel by clicking Right (channel up) or Left (channel down) button. All of a sudden,

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Contacting DirecTV by phone

Does DirecTV have a phone number to contact them? I've been waiting for chat contact response for over 30 minutes. This is ridiculous.

Question

• DIRECTV STREAM Account

Not connected to home network

I have had directv stream for only 9 months and have had issues from the beginning with having to reset my home network. I have already used all 4 allowed resets and can now only watch tv on two of my tvs at the same time. I have talked with my internet provider and am unable to get a static IP addr

Question

• DIRECTV STREAM Setup & Equipment

I Wanna watch my direct tv help me get it

I have Amazon fire stick and direct tvon my app but not figuring it out Please and ty

Question

Keep audio on with TV off

I want to be able to send audio from my Direct TV stream box to a stereo receiver with the TV turned off. Have a digital audio cable from the stream box audio output to the receiver. HDMI cable to the tv. When I turn off the TV, or disconnect the HDMI cable, the audio to the receiver works for 20 se

Question

Phoenix NBC 12 Streaming Issue

Many times per day NBC 12 in Phoenix stream is interrupted with "There was a problem with this channel, Please try back later or try another channel". This only happens with this channel.  I am using an Apple TV 4K connected to a wired 1GB network.

Question

Newbie questions

I let an older relative use one of the three streams permitted. At a different location than me about 10 miles away. Different zip code though. If I buy an Osprey box for her, will it set her location as the home network or whatever they call it. I use an apple tv. Can I set mine as the home locati

Question

How many Directv Stream devices (the dedicated boxes) can I register to my account?

I have more than 6 televisions. I see ambiguous statements in the online documentation about a limit of 6 devices (the dedicated Directv Stream boxes, not include Fire Sticks or other streaming devices) either PER ORDER, or maybe, PER ACCOUNT.  I would like to know if I can register more than

Question

Can’t get Satellite, but apparently I also can’t get Sunday Ticket streaming?

My grandfather (84) is trying to get out of market games. He’s a huge Baker Mayfield fan, and so he wants Carolina games, but we live in Spokane, WA. He has already attempted to get DirecTV installed, but his unit at his apartment complex is blocked by a hill and forest. Others in his complex have n

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Recordings and GB usage

I have limited GB usage from my cable company. If I record a show on Directv streaming but do not watch it, will that impact my GB usage.  Or is it just in the cloud and will not impact my GB limit until I watch it.

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Unreliable Wi-Fi Connectivity - Constant Program Interruptions

How do I cure the constant program interruptions on my Wi-Fi connected TVs? Having to regularly press the restart button to get the signal back is irritating.

Question

Requesting a channel

Nice package in my area but when I cut the cord I lost The CW. Any chance of adding it? Thanks.

Question

Fast forward and rewarding

After the update, these items are very frustrating. The fast forwarding available is 1 minute.  The interaction is delayed and I can’t see how forward it has gone.  Please make improvements quickly.  This will be a reason to switch streaming services

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

On DTV Stream, does Showtime come in HDTV and what channels please?

I am thinking of changing to DTV Streaming and am trying to know specifically if Showtime is streamed in some type of HDTV? IT can be 1080i or 720p but some type of HDTV. In addition to Showtime, what specific premium movie type channels are in HDTV?

Question

Firestick app links thru Directv stream give activation code has expired error

Doesn’t matter what app I try to link thru Directv, I get the error message, even if I enter it within 5 seconds.  I only get the error message when trying to link apps thru Directv.  Please help 

Question

Can overheating streaming box permanently ruin modem

As I have posted before,, I am on my third box that can't connect to the internet after a few days, and has the red light flashing, Someone mentioned over heating.  I have a Samsung, where everything plugs into a box and the DTV box is sitting next to it.  If it were overheating, though,

Question

Fire stick streaming issue

Anyone have any issues with fire stick streaming? I have direct tv stream on two tvs in my house and have the same issue on both. Whenever I turn on my tv to watch and start up direct tv stream, every time I receive an error "looks like we ran into some trouble loading this content. please try again

Question

• DIRECTV STREAM Account

Direct Stream TV

Can I stream at both my home in Nebraska and condo in Arizona? I have two different wifi providers

Question

• DIRECTV STREAM Account

CODE: 0018 - Apple TV, CANNOT GAIN ACCESS TO DIRECTV STREAM APP

I’ve gained access on my iphone and ipad but not Apple TV 4K. I’ve attempted deleting the app from Apple TV and rebooting, nothing works to gain access, I only receive the message “ This app is designed for the DIRECTV stream service. Your DIRECTV service includes the best of live and on-demand avai

Question

• DIRECTV STREAM Account

NOT FINDING WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.