Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Official

Accepted

Unanswered

Advanced Filters

Search Results (787)

Activity
Guide Screen Display change

Two things recently happened to my guide screen and I can revert is back to full screen. 1. At the top it displays the channel and the description of the show playing with picture. The information about the show use to show under each channel.  Now it’s at the top. 2. On the left side th

Question

• Watching DIRECTV STREAM

How to stop automatic changing to Spanish while watching HBO channels

While watching movies on HBO channels, Directv Stream app on Samsung tv freezes, and comes back on after a few seconds but language is changed to Spanish. We have good Wi-Fi strength at tv and no other problems with any other streaming app. Only DTV Stream has this problem. We have to manually go in

Question

Restrict content that incurs charges

Is there a way to restrict DirecTV Stream boxes so the end users can't make changes to the subscription or incur additional costs?

Question

• DIRECTV STREAM Setup & Equipment

My remote is not working

I changed the batteries but the remote is not working. before I changed the batteries- the remote was reacting crazy - tried to fast forward and it blinked several times red and the screen shut down. Now the remote does not work at all 

Question

Channel scrolling

We see the new look of the channel line up this morning. Our only problem is that you cannot continuously scroll from the last channel to the first channel.  We organize our channels alphabetically and now if we want to go from Z to A (for example) we have to go back up through the alphabet. &

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Do I need wifi/internet to use DIRECTV STREAM?

Do I need wifi/internet to use DIRECTV STREAM?

Question

• DIRECTV STREAM Setup & Equipment

scrambled pixelated screen?

On one TV in my home....I can no longer watch Direct TV for this past week.     it is a pixelated screen as if I were to have cable or a satellite dish.   We are internet based, so we project from electronic devices such as phones, tablets, computers. I have projec

Question

Accepted Solution

Blackout then buffer and language change

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but my service no matter what station I’m on will blackout for a moment and buffer then whatever I was watching in English will change to Spanish movies or live sports it’s the weirdest thing I’ve ever experienced. What’s the fix for this ?

Question

Accepted Solution

Screen goes black with progress circle every 5 minutes or so.

TV screen periodically goes black with rotating circle in the center and lasts for 3 to 5 seconds. Over the course of an hour it will happen 4 or 5 times.This started happening recently. I am streaming through the app on a Samsung TV. I have Verizon Fios fiber internet running over 900 Mbps. Any ide

Question

Google Play Store - Something went wrong

Google play store and selected Apps (Disney, Hallmark) indicate an update is required. Next screen indicates "Something went wrong"

Question

Streaming disruptions

Is it common to have the stream start buffering? Ours does this at least five times a day.  All other apps don't have this problem and we are using 500MB speeds

Question

Says I have no subscription

Got new box. It’s on the web Acct but is turned off. I can’t turn it on

Question

• DIRECTV STREAM Account

Stuttering

Change channels and the video/sound stutters

Question

MeTV

When I subscribed, I was told they broadcast METV. I cannot find the channel.  Can anyone help?

Question

Heavy Network Congestion - Ughhh!

I'm consistently getting 5-7 times per week and like 10 times on Thanksgiving day the message "When the network is heavily congested, your video may not play smoothly.". In many cases it just stops and starts about a 30-60 seconds later.  You also lose the last 60 seconds of programming.  

Question

Series Recording question

How do I delete series recordings from the library when I do not want to continue recording the series?

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Directv stream

anybody in zip code 30008 have Directv stream? Can you get chan. ABC, NBC, CBS? I'm thinking about getting it . . .

Question

We moved out of state and are still getting old local channels

We moved to Texas recently and are still getting Oregon local channels. How do we get the system to understand our new location?  We get local commercials but incorrect network regional programming.

Question

Programs

How many streaming services can you watch at once? Also get you record streaming?

Question

What bitrate is Directv stream using?

How is the HD picture quality? What bitrates are you seeing?

Question

NOT FINDING WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.