Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Official

Accepted

Unanswered

Advanced Filters

Search Results (315)

Activity

Accepted Solution

Direct TV Stream App and google home

Can google assistant control the directv stream APP? Our living room TV does not use the DTV stream box, just the app on the TV and we have been trying to get google assistant to work with it. everytime we ask google to change channels it leaves the dtv stream app and goes to Samsung TV. Is there an

Question

• Watching DIRECTV STREAM

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Connection speed and broadcast resolution

Is there a way to see your connection speed (Mbps) and/or broadcast resolution being transmitted? My TV Display button shows 4k but that's because it's up-scaled. I am viewing on my Sony 4k TV.

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guide format

Has the channel guide change its format on direct TV stream?

Question

Accepted Solution

Pause screen blocks subtitles

Is there any way to change the "Pause" screen so that it doesn't totally block out the subtitles I'm trying to see? I know that if i click the back button on my remote it will make that annoying screen go away, but then it comes back if I try to advance or rewind the video even by one second. It's

Question

Accepted Solution

Guide stuck on two weeks ago

Our guide is stuck on April 24th at 1:30 AM. and it's 5/16 at 2:14 pm. I have reset the box 3 times, unplugged the ethernet, and used two different WIFI, and still won't update. Any Ideas?

Question

Accepted Solution

local channel stations

I am using directv stream through a firestick. I am in the raleigh durham area but am getting only charlotte area local stations.  how do i  get the local tv channels.  there is no remote with streaming except the firestick.

Question

Accepted Solution

Long delays using Roku remote for DirecTV Stream

Takes forever for DirecTV Interface to respond after pressing buttons. This applies to all links. Guide, Watch Now, Library, etc.. Replaced batteries thinking that might be the issue, but it didn’t do anything.

Question

Accepted Solution

Guide not showing Channel Name

I am using a Firestick 4K Max to access Directv Stream service and when I go to the guide it no longer shows the channel name just the channel #. How do I get the channel name to appear on the guide again?

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Can I download shows/movies/events to watch offline?

Can I download shows/movies/events to watch offline? I can't find anything on the website about this. If so, what are the limits (number of downloads or hour, when/if they expire, number of devices, etc.)? Thanks!

Question

Accepted Solution

Can't record local stations

My husband and I recently moved and had AT&T/Direct TV Stream installed in our home. We have been unable to record and programs on network TV -- NBC, Fox, CBS, ABC, Univision.  All other stations appear to be working properly.  We are trying to use Cloud DVR. Any advice?

Question

Accepted Solution

HBO max errors on my DIRECTV streaming device

HBO max errors on my DIRECTV streaming device. I cannot pause or flip between the HBO Max app and any other app on the DIRECTV streaming device without HBO Max giving me error messages. This is incredibly annoying! I don’t have this issue on any of my other non DIRECTV streaming devices (Roku, fire

Question

Accepted Solution

Enlarged or magnified screen image

My screen image is magnified or enlarge so that it appears to show only about a quarter of the intended screen. It was displaying properly until something I did or otherwise happened that I don't recall.  I experience this when using DirectTV Stream with Apple TV 4K (2nd Generation) HD an

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Commercial Break in Progress

why do i get a blue screen with the DIRECTV logo and something that says..Commerical break in progress...it is a very annoying song that plays when it comes on......

Question

Accepted Solution

Why do some channels show the same number?

NESN and NESN+ both have 628. There's also multiple MSG and MSG+ that are either 634 or 635. How is this practical? Why can't each channel have its own number? There isn't even a 629 on my guide so why isn't NESN+ 629? Baffled.

Question

Accepted Solution

Adding an authorize user

How to add an authorize user?

Question

Accepted Solution

Finding the channel guide using the Amazon Fire Stick

Just subscribed to Direct TV Stream on an Amazon Fire Stick. How do I easily find the channel guide using the Fire STick remote?

Question

Accepted Solution

viewing restriction on multiple locations

we have 2 homes. we each live separately much of the time. does direct stream allow us to use the stream simultaneously with one device each with one subscription.

Question

Accepted Solution

Can only use 2 TV's at once

Why can I not watch more than 2 TV'S at a time

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

The Guide

Thank you for the quick response but you still didn't answer my question. So we just switch from youtube tv. The guide could be personalized for my daughter on her TV, for my husband on his TV in his man cave, and for the TV in our bedroom. Will the guide  Favorites be the same for all the

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Recording only new episodes of TV series- Direct TV Stream with AT&T TV box

Example: CBS "Young Sheldon" occurs in the Houston area on Thursdays at 7 PM CST. When we view the channel guide using the AT&T tv box, and find the Young Sheldon program, then select the record button, it displays "Episode Recording Set". Then select the record button again and receive the mess

Question

NOT FINDING WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.