Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Official

Accepted

Unanswered

Advanced Filters

Search Results (319)

Activity

Accepted Solution

No CW

When will directv streaming add the CW to my lineup?  I had it with Direct satellite  I am in the Huntsville Al DMA

Question

• Watching DIRECTV STREAM

Accepted Solution

DirecTV cuts in and out

When I try to watch programs on my DirecTV it cuts in and out. How do I fix this problem?

Question

Accepted Solution

CBS

I'm receiving 'there's a problem with this channel' notification on CBS thru my directv stream since 11/19/22. Is that off our channel list like fox now?  What's wrong with the channel stream?

Question

Accepted Solution

Adding Smithsonian Channel to DTV Streaming

Do I have to add the Movies Extra Pack in order to be able to stream the Smithsonian Channel? Or will I be able to add on the Smithsonian Channel by itself?  I’ve tried looking up the answer but can’t find a definite one for my question which would be recently in this forum.  All I

Question

Accepted Solution

Unable to record more than 30 episodes of a series

Is there a way to change the max number of episodes of a series recorded. Appears only 30 episodes are allowed with newer episodes deleting older episodes.  DirectStream advertises unlimited recording size, but by limiting the number of episodes this in effect limits the storage allowed. There

Question

Accepted Solution

Limit on the number of Episodes that can be recorded

I am noticing that once the total number of episodes recorded on my DVR of a program reaches 30 - 32 the oldest episode is being deleted. Is there any way to change this to extend the number of episodes I can maintain.

Question

Accepted Solution

DirecTV App Closes or Times-Out?

Okay, I don't even know what to call these things yet. Not used to this streaming terminology. Only been here 2 weeks and every day, I fall asleep to my TV. When I wake up, DirecTV app is off and I'm watching some other app on my TV. Every single day/night. I've never had so many problems with in

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Local channel pixilation

We have one local channel that has constant pixilation happening. No other channels from DirectTV Streaming does this. We’ve unplugged and rebooted our Wi-Fi, Roku and reloaded the app. Is this an issue from our local station?

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Direct Tv stream & recordings not able to stream to TV

We have DirecTV streaming but we are unable to stream our library recordings from our phone to our TV. If we have the DirecTV streaming box would it allow us to stream our library recordings to our TV to watch? Currently we are using a Chromecast to stream to the TV and it works well except it will

Question

Accepted Solution

Direct TV Stream error message: "No Network Connection" -"Looking for Network Connection"

When opening DirectStream TV using the latest Apple 4K TV, we are getting the following error message on three of our TV's: "No Network Connection" -"Looking for Network Connection" - This is happening almost every time we turn on a TV, yet there is no problem at all with our WiFi or with accessing

Question

Accepted Solution

Directv Stream

If I have a Directv Satellite package does that give me access to use the Directv Stream app on my apple tv?

Question

Accepted Solution

Android TV app

I don’t see it anywhere else on here, but there is an app for DTVS in the Google Play store now on my Shield. Maybe the articles detailing its absence could be updated. https://www.directv.com/insider/directv-stream-on-google-tv-and-other-android-tv-devices/

Question

Accepted Solution

Auto recording

We switched from TiVo (lol) - with TiVo if the TV was on NBC when i turned it off, the next time i turn it on, it’s still on NBC AND has automatically been recording the past 30 mins without me setting it to record. This is really convenient as I can back up any or all of those 30 mins to catch the

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

How to keep new shows but let old ones be deleted?

We're fairly new to DirecTV Stream. We've had it for a few months now but this is the first time we're going want to handle some episodes of TV shows differently than the way we handle other episodes of the same shows. Apparently we can't keep more than 30 episodes of a TV show at a time. 

Question

Accepted Solution

stream restarting and ads slowing down

Tried watching an on demand title tonight (Mountain Men: Ultimate Marksmen). The first couple of breaks for ads (3 or 5 ads) the video would slow down and be out of synch with the audio. I waited until I could hear the audio of the program again, then skipped back 30 seconds and content would res

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

DVR Cloud Recording Availability

I am considering the $79.99/mo Entertainment Package. Can anyone tell me if DVR Cloud Recording is included? If not, how much does it cost and how many shows can you record.

Question

Accepted Solution

Can pictures of my own choosing be displayed when DIRECTV is paused in place of the pictures from google?

When DIRECTV is paused, after some time, pictures are displayed on the screen from google. The pictures name the photographer but not the scene being shown.  Is it possible to configure DIRECTV to display pictures of my choice (from my personal picture library or some other source) when I p

Question

Accepted Solution

Starz app says "Not Authorized" when trying to activate

I have Starz. It's part of my AT&T UVerse plan....I had to fill in some category fields incorrectly, since this is a Direct TV forum....but this is where i went when I googled my problem (I can't switch to Direct TV - too many trees for a dish they tell us). Why does the Starz app tell me I'm n

Question

Accepted Solution

Multiple Instances of Same Channel In Guide - Incorrect Channel Records in DVR

When I set Sacramento Kings games to record, there are three instances of the same channel number in my guide (Channel 698 - NBC Sports California, NBC Sports California Plus, and NBC Sports California Plus 2). The DVR "chooses" which of channel #698 to record and when I select playback in the DVR,

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Closed

DIRECTV STREAM - TV that's Simple & Smart

Get all your entertainment in one spot with DIRECTV STREAM. The DIRECTV STREAM device is modern, small, and lightweight. It includes HDMI and digital audio outputs for connection to your TV and home audio system. You can use Ethernet or Wi-Fi® to connect it to the internet. Enjoy the followin

Question

NOT FINDING WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.