Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Official

Accepted

Unanswered

Advanced Filters

Search Results (229)

Activity

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Can you fast forward through commercials on recorded shows?

With Hulu, I have to pay extra to fast forward through commercials on recorded shows. How is the DTV DVR?

Question

• Watching DIRECTV STREAM

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Roku audio is being clipped on DirectTv Stream

Just signed up and installed DirectTV Stream on my Roku Ultra device. It immediately started clipping the audio every 5 to 10 seconds. By clipping I mean the audio cuts out for about 1/2 to 1 second. Quite annoying. I played around with the audio settings on Roku and it didn't help. I uninstalled Di

Question

Accepted Solution

Long Load, Reloading, and Poor Resolution on C71KW-400

Hi, We have two of the DIRECTV Stream boxes that we use regularly. (model C71KW-400) We have gigabit internet service. On a MacBook pro wired with Ethernet, we get 950-990 Mbps. On various devices on WiFi, we get anywhere from 250-800 Mbps. (the router is WiFi6) One Box is on WiFi, one is Etherne

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Subscription sports packages on Stream

We'd been DirecTV (DTV) customers for 22 years, but have moved to a place where satellite reception gets interrupted by weather far too often. So, we're considering DirecTV Stream as an alternative. Before we commit, we're trying to find the answer to two questions: We subscribed to two sports se

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

watching Directv Stream on Laptop browser?

Since widevine solves the DRM problem for providers, most browsers and service provides now let their streaming work on browser like Google Chrome. I've done this with SlingTV and Youtube.TV. However, with DirecTV Stream I'm having issues. What works or doesn't work: 1.  Windows 10 Chrom

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

is there any way to stop the feed from cutting after 4 hours?

is there any way to stop the feed from cutting after 4 hours?

Question

Accepted Solution

Constant buffering and freezing on Xfinity WiFi

Will buffer for up to 45 seconds, once back to live TV, will freeze multiple times.

Question

Accepted Solution

Printable DirecTV Channel Lineup Guides

Hi, I made some printable channel lineups for DirecTV Stream. They make it easier to see the up-to-date channel lineup as well as compare stations for the base plans.  Am I allowed to post links to them?  The idea is to share high quality information and so this is not a promotion.&nbs

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Will the AT&T IP phone caller ID Display on Direct TV Stream device?

We were a uVerse customer with bundled AT&T phone and Internet. I've just converted to AT&T DirectTV Stream, and was wondering if I can still get the caller ID display on incoming calls through the AT&T streaming devices the way I did with the AT&T uVerse receivers.

Question

Accepted Solution

Changing Locations when travelling

I have two homes in different states and travel back and forth pretty often. I was told when I signed up that I can change home locations to view local programming while I am in that location.  However, when I looked at changing the location, it says I can only do it up to 4 times a year. 

Question

Accepted Solution

Does not continue recording when going passed time

DirecTV does not record when going passed end of scheduled time as I was expected to see.

Question

Accepted Solution

Closed captioing voice command

The manual says voice commands can turn closed captioning on and off. But the voice command only gives instructions for using the menus and buttons, it does not turn the captioning on or off. Is there a shortcut?

Question

Accepted Solution

Limit the number of recorded episodes

Is it possible to limit the number of episodes that are recorded? For example, to only keep the three latest episodes of a series recording

Question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

DVR recording on Streaming questions

Can I set the recordings to only record first run, limit number of episodes, etc.?

Question

Accepted Solution

Location use

I have a home in Utah and a home in Wyoming. If I sign up for Direct TV Streaming service, Can I watch the same line up at both locations or am I restricted.  I have two TV's in Wyoming and five in utah.

Question

Accepted Solution

Watching an On Demand show cuts off before end

When watching an on demand show the show spontaneously cuts off before the end (black screen moves to a watch now channel or black screen and moves forward to start another on demand show in the the same series--not consecutive. Frustrating to watch a show and want to see the ending. Doesn't happen

Question

Accepted Solution

On Demand shows cutting off ending

Trying to snag a show in the on demand area, when it plays it cuts off the ending and moves onto the next episode. I am using firestick on smart Tv--not a tablet or phone. I have done this: Check for app updates in your app store. If an update is available, install it and restart your device.

Question

Accepted Solution

No audio when trying to play recorded shows. This I’d through DirecTv Streaming

When trying to play recordings from the Library, there is no sound. When watching live shows, the audio plays as it should. This is on a Samsung TV. The TV in the bedroom (not a Samsung) plays the recordings properly. Any ideas to correct the issue?

Question

Accepted Solution

Apple TV Remote volume button calls up recent channels

When I try to adjust the volume on my Apple Tv while watching DirecTV Stream, the volume does adjust but it also calls up the Recent Channels menu. Any way to fix this?  

Question

Accepted Solution

Can't Watch Program from Cloud DVR

I switched from U-Verse to DirecTV Stream a few months ago. I have the "20 Hours of Cloud DVR" option. With U-Verse, when a pay channel (like HBO, Showtime, etc.) had a "free preview" weekend, I could record a program on that channel and watch it later, even after the free preview ended. Now, with D

Question

NOT FINDING WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.