Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Official

Accepted

Unanswered

Advanced Filters

Search Results (4.5K)

Activity

Accepted Solution

Remote no longer has an "INPUT" button

We got a new DVR hard drive and remote (RC73) and the remote no longer has an "INPUT" button. How do we change inputs? Trying to watch a DVD.

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Accepted Solution

No Auto tune ?!

A super simple feature that the Genie cannot seem to do.. Sillyness .. 1st World problem but why not have this feature ? I am accidentally watching freaking ice-skating on a Sunday when it should’ve auto tuned to another football game! Now my Daughter wants to watch Ice Skating !! You ever tried cha

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Closed

Snow, Ice and your DIRECTV Dish

Are you concerned that snow and ice will interfere with your TV viewing?    No worries; we’ve got you covered. DIRECTV Satellite Dishes are designed to prevent snow and ice accumulation on the surface of the dish. NO need for external devices or sprays! Extensive te

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Accepted Solution

Cost to upgrade to genie dvr

What is the cost to upgrade my HD dvr to a Genie dvr? My existing Hd Dvr is slow to respond to remote commands and can’t record more than 2 shows at a time. Thanks  Dave

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Accepted Solution

With New UHD TV, DirecTV Looks Awful. I suspect Box Upgrades Needed?

Hi All - New to the forums.  Have found this community more helpful/informative than DTV phone tech support.  Here is the issue... Just purchased a LG UHD. Connected it last night in the bedroom and DTV content looks SD, at best.  Steaming content (Netflix, Hulu, etc. looks great)

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Closed

Is there a way to use just directv remote on a roku tv?

I have a 43" insignia roku tv. I have a h44 receiver and a rc73 control. Was wondering if there was a way to use only directv control to go directly to satellite input.  Instead of having to use roku control to select satellite input?

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

These are the instructions for how to use CLEARMYBOX

In a recent post I placed about HR54 getting slower someone told my to use CLEARMYBOX but did not provide instructions how. Here they are.  This fixed my issue.    Do you feel like your DIRECTV DVR is acting weird? Do you think you’ve missed recordings and have some unexpla

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Accepted Solution

On Demand Not Available

New customer just hooked up yesterday. When I go to the menu and click on demand it says not available. The same thing happens when I go to the channel number. I have called DIRECTV for support and they are no help. The Internet Signal at the top corner of the screen shows the signal so I am connect

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Using an HR54-700 with DirecTV Sreaming

I recently dropped U-Verse and replaced it with DirecTV Streaming. My LG Smart TV will not allow the DTV app to load. AT&T advised that I needed to rent a 'box' for $5/month extra. I have an HR54-700 from a prior DTV subscription. Can I use it to connect to the net and sent the DTV Streaming s

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Accepted Solution

adding second tv to control box

having problems getting second tv hooked up to direct tv box, used y cable on usb port on back of direct tv box, cannot keep signal on either tv when on of the tv's is shut off, leaving direct box on

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Closed

Glitched out graphics

On my Genie mini, When I choose a show the screen glitches and I get this: I have unplugged the box and that didn't solve anything. Help!

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

diagnostic code

what is diagnostic code 51-055

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guide fails to retain info for HD channels

Receiver type HR23/700 running software 0xd49 (Tue 4/20), no phone line connected, internet connected via hardwire from router 1) The receiver will populate all the "schedule list" aka Guide, after a red-button reset or power cycle. Within an hour or so all of the HD channels have dropped the inf

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Must DTV put a dish on my new metal roof?

So my father has ordered DTV against my advice, nonetheless he's old so I'm trying to help him out cause he said he doesn't want them to punch a hole in his brand new overly expensive metal roof that was installed just last week, but I don't see any other way they can make it work, it said in the fi

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

RC73 remote buttons not working on LG TV

I just replaced my Samsung TV with an LG OLED C1 series set. All the buttons on my Genie RC73 remote work with Samsung, but the Off, VOL and Mute buttons do NOT work with LG. Does anybody know whether the DirecTV universal remote would work better? I currently have a Genie Gen 2, Model HR44-200 rece

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

DVR list

I click List on remote and some days my recordings are there, and some days nothing is there.  This happens to a couple of my tv's  but never the main one that has the dvr.  This is DTV boxes.   I have to reset the box and that doesn't always work.  Any solutions to th

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Closed

Dish left by previous tenants of new apartment - What to do?

Just moved into a new apartment and on the back side of the house is a DirecTV dish. A couple questions: 1) Does DirecTV want it back?  1a) If yes, can we simply call them and have them take the dish away? 1b) Will this cost me anything at all?   2) If no to question 1, what are my

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

How do I see movies only on my favorite list?

How do I see the movies available only on my Favorite list? I don't want to look through 5,000 movies.  With the old boxes, it would list only the movies on your favorite list. 

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Change DirectTV Router to 5Ghz network

Currently configured to 2.4GHz and I would like to get switched to my 5GHz WiFi network. I am quite comfortable with networking configurations and PC services ...

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Genie HR24/200 compatible mini

I have a Genie HR24/200 that still works great. But my Genie Mini C41-100 has died. What other Genie Mini receivers are compatible with the HR24/200. I would like to purchase one.

Question

• DIRECTV Equipment

NOT FINDING WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.