Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

L

• 

4 Messages

Fri, Aug 27, 2021 9:18 PM

Access Denied

The web interface stopped working after the switch from ATT TV to Direct TV. After logging in, it redirects to att.tv/watchnow and then generates a reference like below. Not too happy with the screwup.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.att.tv/watchnow" on this server.

Reference #18.3eab5968.1630098986.9a5af32

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

802 Messages

3 m ago

You need to use the following url: https://stream.directv.com/watchnow

• 

4 Messages

3 m ago

Well that does resolve the issue. How is nobody there aware that the site at https://www.directv.com/stream/ has a login page that redirects you to an invalid URL?

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

802 Messages

3 m ago

With the change over it's still a mess.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

3 m ago

switch from ATT TV to Direct TV.

The brand switch is to DIRECTV STREAM. Just something to be careful of so you connect to the correct service. So DirecTV (there is no Direct TV) is their satellite service

Changeovers like this have issues more often than not. Hopefully long term it goes a lot smoother than when AT&T first got DirecTV and later launched the streaming-only service DIRECTVNOW/AT&T TV NOW/AT&T TV/DIRECTV STREAM (please let this be the last name change).

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

3 m ago

Juniper,

I'm aware of the technical name of the product. My point is that when you go to their official pages and click sign in, it redirects you to a dead att.tv/watchnow URL and clearly there was zero QA in that switch.

But all they're going to do is confuse people further with the change and the fact that the services and content available on DirecTV is not the same as DirecTV Stream.

At least it made some sense calling Uverse, DirecTV, and ATT TV different things since they were fundamentally different products.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

3 m ago

I agree that AT&T TV or AT&T TV NOW allowed them a higher chance to be viewed as separate products. Though some thought AT&T TV meant all TV under their brand. The change is with the new shared owners. I mentioned as too many people do confuse the services or get caught by scams because of slight changes in the name (DirecTV vs the false Direct TV) they don't understand. So just making sure you didn't fall prey to any of those.

New company in shared ownership so the name updated to separate from traditional AT&T products. At least having STREAM as part of the name will hopefully minimize any confusion. Though there will still be some who will assume that it is an extension of DirecTV instead of a separate product (and then get mad claiming that assuming is somehow never their own fault).

Saying there was clearly zero QA in the switch is an exaggeration. Having QA doesn't mean everything moves over perfectly without a hitch. Bumps are to be expected. But it is hoped that any transition issues are shorted lived then when AT&T tried to integrate DirecTV into their systems. I hope that long-term the new company will do a much better job being they will be more focused instead of stretched too thin.

• 

4 Messages

3 m ago

They didn't test the login from the DirecTV Stream main web page. I'm not sure why credit is given for the most obvious of customer testing being overlooked (and their support team for the last 3 days had no clue and insisted I need to change my password for the login to work).

Anyway, thanks bcbsncjlj

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

3 m ago

They didn't test it? So do you have inside knowledge? Perhaps they tested and it worked initially but something after the fact broke it.

Traditionally the people you speak with over the phone are not the website programmers or other IT. They can only go by what information is provided them in the system. Though in this situation normally submitting a trouble ticket to their IT or such would be the right thing to do, depending on their exact process.

Not saying it isn't a problem, but let us not confuse suspicions or beliefs as facts. It would be expected that QA and testing is done. Certainly at the very least improvements need to be made.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

802 Messages

3 m ago

The web url works fine for me. I have used the url on both Chromebook and pc successfully with no issues. As for using a Mac I can't speak for it.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.