Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

C

• 

1 Message

Sat, Oct 23, 2021 1:07 AM

Altitude channel

When I signed up for Direct TV Stream, based on my zip code, 80301, it said I would get the Altitude channel! I was set to watch the Nuggets just now and the game is not on!!.. WHY?...

If this channel is not available, then why was it listed when I signed up??...

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

264 Messages

1 m ago

It sounds like you get Altitude, but that a particular game wasn't being carried by Altitude.  The carriers (like DirecTV) don't have control over which games a RSN carries, nor which games might be blacked out.  Did the schedule indicate that the game you wanted was being shown?

Also, some RSNs (in this case, including Altitude) have "overflow" channels to carry games if there is a conflict (multiple games they would normally carry happening at the same time).  Unfortunately, DirecTV Stream doesn't carry most overflow channels - I don't know specifically about Altitude's (which is called Altitude2).  In some cases, you can get around that by watching a game not carried on the main channel on the RSN's app or website, which you can generally sign into using your DirecTV Stream login credentials.  Altitude has a website that carries their content, as well as an app.  However, unlike some RSN apps, it appears that the Altitude app only runs on mobile devices (iOS or Android).  You would have to check if they app would allow you to cast or AirPlay to a TV device.

Ludwick577

• 

503 Messages

1 m ago

Dtv Stream has an NBA League pass free view going right now I wonder if that had something to do with it. 

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

527 Messages

1 m ago

It appears that your zip code is in the Nuggets home area, which means, in general, it should be available to you via the RSN (Altitude).  But, another station could have exclusive broadcast rights to the game you wanted to watch, either a national or a local station, which would keep it off of Altitude.  However, the NBA.COM schedule shows the game should have been on Altitude.

This means that maybe your DIRECTV STREAM box doesn't have accurate location information for you.  (a) is your billing zip code 80301?  (b) Have you had geolocation issues with your Internet service?    https://whatismyipaddress.com/ will show where it thinks you are.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.