Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Z

• 

1 Message

Sun, Nov 21, 2021 7:44 PM

App is constantly buffering

The app seems to be constantly buffering during programs.  I'm trying to watch the Dolphins game on CBS, and the app is buffering.  When it returns, the program is in Spanish.  This happened last night while watching the Heat on a different channel.  It buffers during other programs.  It is very annoying.  We are constantly going to the Guide Menu and going back to the channel.  

• 

10 Messages

7分前

I think i may understand what is going on here. I will need to try this next. But I switched my TV to GAME MODE and so far it has been working far better. So i think the limitation is with my Television causing this issue. It may be something with my televisions refresh rate but i will try it on my monitor soon.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3K Messages

7分前

@zipbop what device are you using? If it's the Samsung Smart TV then you need to use an external streaming device. The Samsung app is broken and there is no fix.

• 

2 Messages

6分前

I also have constant buffering and lag with DirectTV Stream. Such a waste of money. We bought another router and put it right next to the TV. Tested internet upload and download speed. I am so over DirectTV.

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.8K Messages

6分前

linda - what streaming device are  you using? If it's the samsung app, it's garbage, lots of posts about it with recommendations.

• 

170 Messages

6分前

DirectTV Stream finally corrected the issues with the Samsung TV App. The last update was about 3 weeks ago, I agree it's been painful to use the service for the previous 5 months but at the moment the App is working fine.

If you're using another device, I can't say what is having glitch problems.

• 

2 Messages

6分前

I am using a firecube. But I also tried using the directtv app on the Samsung TV directly. Still lags.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.