Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

bernpass's profile
bernpass
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

Fri, Aug 27, 2021 1:52 AM

Chromecast with Google TV

Just purchased a brand new Chromecast (the very latest model) after seeing on the DirecTV Stream site that it supports Google Chromecast version 2 or higher. Naturally I assumed that the newest one was at least version 2, but more than likely higher.

And yet there is no app available for DirecTV Stream. Huh??  

DirecTV needs to either amend that incorrect information or release a version of the app that runs on Chromecast with Google TV. 

You’re no longer part of AT&T. It’s time that you stop acting like them with deceptive advertising. 

• 

1 Message

5 d ago

So it's 2022. Is the app for Google TV available yet? If not, please let us know when it will be released. Thank you.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

41.4K Messages

5 d ago

@adroithy , nobody here knows the answer to that question. 

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

325 Messages

4 d ago

But my experience is to never believe anything a support rep says about what is "coming" (be it features, apps, or content).  I seriously doubt they would know that sort of info and if they did I doubt they'd be allowed to divulge it.  It seems they just tend to say whatever they think will make the customer happy, whether there is any validity to it or not.

• 

1 Message

3 d ago

I'm absolutely agree with you. Support has a task to say clients something to make them calm) they are far from developers and don't know many information, if something happens they must to apply to someone who linked with them. Generally thus situations show how any company works.

All the best, Cami,

manager of WorkTime company

(edited)

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.