Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

S

• 

8 Messages

Sun, Oct 17, 2021 3:28 AM

Commercial break in progress

Yes, they are blocking other competitors commercials and of all the years we have Comcast I never knew them to do that. I'm surprised that AT&t gets away with that since someone else sold that commercial time.

• 

8 Messages

1 m ago

I meant to say too that I have never seen a Comcast commercial on AT&t's or DirecTV's broadcast. Even if NBC News is on Comcast always has commercials during that broadcast but AT&t doesn't carry them.

Ludwick577

• 

483 Messages

1 m ago

You already started another thread on this exact same subject. Very odd how much you are obsessed with this. 

When you see that screen they are not blocking commercials. That is simply a spot which didn't get purchased. National channels also sell local ad tv spots. Sometimes they don't get filled. It happens on every streaming service. I used to have youtube tv and saw it there.

https://forums.directv.com/conversations/watching-directv-stream/blocked-commercials/6158c2470684cd2b228941f8

(edited)

• 

8 Messages

1 m ago

As I'm new to blogs and other social media, I was curious why no seemed to understand what I was describing.  I accidently found the topic already in progress and thought I'd contribute.  After years of frustration as comcast subscriber, my wife nudged us over to AT&t hoping for positive change.  We were shocked at how lame it's tv stream service is.  With the part of the city we live, there's little else but comcast, the majority, AT&t, and the few remaining satellite users.  My wife watches the most tv and I watch the morning & evening news as well as some football & basketball.  As seniors, we aren't as inclined to change frequently or watch content on anything other than a tv set.  We at least had a local office to take our comcast complaints and/or faulty equipment. 

I'm also in the market for a new 50+" tv to replace one 15 yrs old that runs well and of our 3 tv's works best with AT&t box.  My newest is a vizio smart (4 yrs) that takes 5 minutes of run time before it works with remote.  Apparently there's a really short list of tv brand/models that work well with AT&t.  What should I buy?  Even samsung has models that aren't compatible and they are the brand in the AT&t promo's.  

obsessed

Ludwick577

• 

483 Messages

1 m ago

It was already explained in great length to you why you see the commercial break in progress screen. I have a Samsung tv with a Directv Stream box and the picture is great. Samsung tv's also have the Directv Stream app. 

(edited)

• 

8 Messages

1 m ago

I don't agree with most of the `commercial break in progress' answers, your's included.  My concern on compatible tv's concern `remote' function; not picture. 

Another of our gripes is the wild diversity of sound levels among networks on all of our tv's.  This too was never an issue on the previous cable tv.

I did find a good thing I'm considering about AT&t; stock's getting pretty cheap; 13 year low.  Wonder what's up.

Ludwick577

• 

483 Messages

1 m ago

Let's see. Your 1 opinion, which isn't based on fact, versus MANY other people who say the exact same thing I do. I'm done with this thread. Your conspiracy theory about commercial breaks is bizarre. 

(edited)

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.