Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

J

• 

2 Messages

Friday, June 10th, 2022 10:54 AM

Customize Order of Channels in Guide

I'd like to be able to reorganize the order of channels in the guide so I can see them in a order of my choice. Possible? Thanks very much!

Accepted Solution

ACE - New Member

• 

4.4K Messages

1 year ago

You aren't able to change channels around to be in the order that you like. Whatever order DIRECTV STREAM has in the app must be used by the customer. You can, however, make a Favorites list to keep the channels you don't watch off the channel list. 

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks for this. I was able to do that with YoutubeTv. Favorites will work in it's place. Take care.

• 

6 Messages

10 months ago

I am a new customer, trying DirectTVStream for the 7 day trial.  The reason, they carry 2 networks my wife and i watch all the time.  LifeTime & YESNetwork(Yankess channel).
I am currently a FUBO customer(for about 1 yr), and one thing I love about their interface, is that you CAN organize your guide in the order you want!!!.. 
This cannot be done with DirectStream.

The other thing DirectTVStream does NOT have is profiles.  In FUBO, you can setup multiple profiles, let's say for you and one for you wife, one for your kids, etc.  Each member has the ability to modify their guide in their preferred way! and they can favorite whatever channels they want.  All profiles can have different setup.
Also, in FUBO, changing channels is like having a cablebox, where you hit down on circle button(of Firestick) and you can see a TILE of the channels/and what's currently shown as you navigate left or right.  I noticed this CANNOT be done with DirectTV either which (Edited per community guidelines).  You can only go in right or left.  But no visual of what is shown.  You have to wait for the channel to load (or read the name of the show) I;m a visual guy, i like visuals.   The other thing FUBO has is that FUBO allows you go back and forth between the last 2 channels you are watching by clicking/holding the "back" button for 3seconds.  This is great if you are watching let's say 2 football games at the same time.  Go back and forth between CBS and let's say FOX.  (or whatever 2 channels).  

Due to the lack of these features in DirectStream, I am already 95% certain i am going to cancel before the trial expires.  NO Comparison to FUBO, except they carry those 2 networks that FUBO does not.  Otherwise, FUBO is by far more advanced and a better choice for me.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

4.7K Messages

10 months ago

If you find a better choice of a streaming service that offers the features and streaming channels that you want, then go with it. All these deficiencies that you have noted have been requested for years. 

• 

6 Messages

10 months ago

@bcbsncjlj thank you.  Good to know that the deficiencies are noted, sad to hear it's been years and nothing has been done to improve.  I was hoping that when i call to cancel and they ask the reason (if they do) and I share these features and deficiencies, they would share that is at least work-in-progress, however, based on your feedback, sounds like no improvements have been made for years...and none coming anytime.

ACE - Expert

• 

4.7K Messages

10 months ago

No one would know what (if any or ever) improvements may happen they do not announce changes. At least not in a forum.

ACE - New Member

• 

2.9K Messages

10 months ago

@DoggieDad One of those features is available with the Dtv Stream box. The remote for the stream box has numbers you can use for changing channels. There is a "previous" button the remote for toggling between 2 channels. The remote also has shortcut buttons for the guide, dvr list, record, and a voice search button. Google play store is also installed so you can access other apps. 

(edited)

ACE - New Member

• 

1.1K Messages

10 months ago

@DoggieDad Every TV streaming service has its pros and cons with FUBO you don't get the 2 channels that you like but you get the profiles and can set the order of the guide that you do want.  With Directv Stream, you get the channels you want but not the profiles and are not able to change the guide. You pick in choose the stuff you can live with and live without. And the other features that you say it is lacking if you had the Directv Stream box you would be able to do those features because it actually is more like cable/Sat service than FOBU.  If you decide to go back to FUBU then good luck to you maybe they will add the channels that you want but since I switched to Directv Stream from FUBO they have lost more channels than added that is one of the reasons I left FUBO is because they dropped 3 channels that I liked to watch on the regular plus I can share my TV service with my elderly parents and lower the cost not only for me but for them to which is something that you cannot do with FUBO.

• 

6 Messages

9 months ago

@Ludwick577  @Tiger593  Thank you both for your prompt responses and feedback.  I really appreciate it.  That brings up an interesting point.  The reason i went to FUBO was because I still have a VERIZON cable box, and was trying to cut the cord.  So that my TVs don't have to rely on a cable box.  So I tried FUBO and as mentioned, loving it so far (with the exception of not having those 2 channels).  Now, I can have the FUBO app on all tvs in my home, and each person has their own profile, their own order of guide, their own recordings, etc.   
If DirectTVStream has a box, does that only work on the TV that has that box linked to it?? I am willing to bet the answer is yes.  So the other tvs cannot share that benefit, unless you have a box.   I am trying to get rid of the VERIZON box I have, they charge $7 a month to just have a box.  And i can only use that one box on one tv....which kinda (Edited per community guidelines).   I am going to look into this box you refer to.   Hopefully there is no "extra" charge, and to see if the box control can control the app.   (Fubo's App works with the FireStick controll really well).   The other factor is cost.  Eliminating VERIZON who charges me about $130/month for the box and the package which has the YESNetwork, my channel of interest.  Can you also tell me if DirectStream is giving you 1080p streaming at least.  I believe FUBO only streams at 720p.  That's something else i need to consider.   The cost of FUBO / DirectStream is comparable by a few bucks. I have 2 more days of the "7 day trial".  I appreciate you both for the insight/feedfback.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

4.7K Messages

9 months ago

Every TV needs a supported streaming device. Depending on the broadcaster, only 720p or 1080i is streamed. Some devices are capable of upscaling to 4k.

ACE - New Member

• 

2.9K Messages

9 months ago

@DoggieDad You can buy a refurbished Dtv Stream box with 1yr warranty from Dtv for 49.99. It also comes with google play store for your other apps. The box is really small. Around 7x7 inches. 

(edited)

ACE - New Member

• 

1.1K Messages

9 months ago

@DoggieDad with the Directv streaming box once you buy it, it is yours there are no hidden fees just the cost of the package that you choose.  It is fairly similar to your firestick in the sense that you can download apps onto it. But the difference between using firestick and the Directv box is that the Directv box has easier access to your recordings the ability to change directly to a channel as the remotes has number buttons plus you have voice control to change channels, fast forward, rewind, you can even look stuff up because it uses google assistant.  The only downside is that you have to have a box for every TV that you watch on.  But what I did is I started off with Rokus and a Firestick and then started by buying the Directv box for the TV that I used the most then I slowly over time bought a box for each of my TVs so that I wasn't buying them all at once.  Hopefully, this helps in making up your mind, and good luck with whatever service you choose.

• 

6 Messages

9 months ago

@Tiger593 @Ludwick577 Gentlemen, thank you both once again.  This feedback was crucial in deciding to stay (at least for now) past my 7 day trial. As soon as i read about the device, i went to youtube, and found a great video by "Michael Saves" and OMG, he explained the device and the remote...and amazingly this remote controls the app/device as if it were a cable box.  I also loved the small factor of the device, where compared to a cable box, this is like day and night.  The other thing I loved, you don't need the coax/or any cable from the router for that matter.  Works with Wifi.  I was so impressed with the video, and immediately went to the site to order a refurbed unit (as you indicated)-(see image below). I cannot thank you enough.  This will help in the ultimate trial of the service.  So far, on my SONY TV, and I kind of like the way it works with the SONY control, I could only imagine how well it will pair with it's own remote.
I am going tomorrow morning to the VERIZON store to return their cable box, and to cancel the TV portion of my service.  This will save quite a bit of money, no device rentals, and I get all the channels i wanted!! - there is the bonus of adding premium channels like HBO, SHO, Cinemax, etc.   
Once again.  THANK YOU for your guidance, and your advice!! I will try a few weeks, heck who knows, months....and see how it goes.  
Until then, wishing you both FELIZ NAVIDAD!!! and a wonderful new year.

ACE - New Member

• 

1.1K Messages

9 months ago

@DoggieDad You are so welcome I am glad that I could help you in any way in making an informed decision. I wish you well and hope that you like your Directv Streaming Box as much as I do. I also hope that you have a wonderful holiday season and a happy new year!

ACE - New Member

• 

2.9K Messages

9 months ago

@DoggieDad  You are welcome. Glad I could help. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.