Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

B

• 

2 Messages

Monday, November 21st, 2022 3:25 PM

Directv app doesn't allow editing of channels to record from

When I try to record a sporting match (previously the World Series, now the World Cup) the only station that comes up is the Fox affiliate 399 KTTV in Los Angeles when the games are being broadcast on the local Fox station KPTV.  The old app gave a variety of channel options and when I log in online and record a show there is an "edit" button that lets you choose which of several channels to choose.  My billing address is my local address.  Why do I only get the option of the LA channel 399?  When I tried to record the World Series I was told that the game did not record because channel 399 was not in my package, but I could manually select the local channel and scroll to the date of the next game and record it.  Why doesn't the app show the channel options up front when I search?

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

3.2K Messages

2 months ago

DIRECTV STREAM isn’t in charge of the Guide information, Guide data, or other guide-related issues as far as the channels airing a specific program. If you need assistance, you’d need to reach out to ABC regarding guide info or otherwise manually go into the Guide and record the sporting event from the specific channel. 

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

I think you are missing the point of my question.   The events I’m trying to record are available locally and listed in the same fashion as on other affiliated stations in other areas, it’s just that the mobile app does not present or allow me to edit other station options.   The edit feature for stations to record is present if I arrange the recording through the web browser (it’s just much less convenient).   The previous version of the mobile app did show multiple options of stations to record for a given event.  Why can’t that feature carry over to the new version?

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.