Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

J

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Jun 29, 2020 9:03 PM

DIRECTV STREAM keeps freezing and no solution

I have had this service from before it was Direct TV Now and had very few issues.  Let me preface this by saying I use it on a fire cube that also runs Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon etc. with NO issues.  The stream constantly freezes for 30+ seconds then reloads and continues. It occurs during programming but also 80% of the time that each commercial ends.  The only solution is to wait or change the channel up and down every time it happens.  I used the tech support chat to troubleshoot and they supposedly "reset the service" on their end and guaranteed it would fix the issue..... it didn't and 20 minutes later I'm on chat again.  I was told "I can see you're internet stream is too low for our service and only running at 5mbs", I immediately ran a speed test on the fire cube and confirmed it was at 140mb.  The rep continued to argued this.  Eventually he transferred me to a supervisor who just kept saying "we will find a solution as soon as possible" and gave me a $10 credit.  Nothing has changed, if anything its getting worse.  I have read that others have the same or similar issues, so DIRECTV ...when are you going to fix this issue?

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

I just bought the cube and I’m having the exact issue ... incredibly frustrating. My internet is solid at 300mbps. Def not an internet issue!

• 

3 Messages

1 y ago

On the cube settings change the audio > surround sound to ‘best available’.  That fixed it for me. Sounds crazy I know.... DIRECTV will tell you that you don’t have the required speed to use the app (actually claimed they tested while I was on phone with them and only showed 5mbs) I Tested at the same time and it was 165mbs. 

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

Oh wow.. I actually did change it to stereo awhile back .. I’m gonna change it back to best available, thanks! I hope that works .

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

I have att internet 50 and my att tv recording stops. I did speed test on my phone while this happened and got 48 up and 19 down. Sure be glad to get fiber internet like my daughter has. It would be a big help. 

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

I have the DIRECTV STREAM box and it happens at LEAST 5 times a day!  They sent me a new box, but still the same, if not worse.  I have Verizon internet with max mbs!  Internet is not the problem. We are not gamers and there is only two of us on our laptops and phones.  I am beyond frustrated by this issue and the fact the DIRECTV has NO SOLUTION!!!!

C'MON!!

(edited)

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

I had the same issue. Mine was freezing only on the DIRECTV STREAM now app. Chatted with DIRECTV, rebooted everything, uninstalled and installed the app again. Nothing worked. I finally changed my fire stick with a new one and now it’s not freezing... knock on wood. Amazon is sending me a new fire stick because apparently mine is defective.  Not sure if you are using a streaming device or not, but that could be the issue

(edited)

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

The one solution I found to this problem, not that it will work for everyone mind you, was to reset my Fire Stick to factory settings  and then load the DIRECTV STREAM app FIRST. Then load the other apps afterwards. Resetting the Fire Stick to factory settings will erase ALL the data and personal settings you've done on the device. So make notes as to the login names and passwords, etc., for all your apps BEFORE doing this, as you will have to reload each app and sign in accordingly. Seems that the order in which the apps are loaded have a bearing on this issue. Before doing this DIRECTV STREAM would freeze up constantly on me.  Since I did this I have not had a problem.  Hope this helps.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

7 m ago

I have the identical problem & it definitely seems to be connected to commercial transitions. I have narrowed it down & figured out it only happens on my LG tv & this app. Every other app on my firestick works just fine. I can put the same firestick in a different tv & it will work just fine. The only channel that won't freeze up is CW. Even on demand programs freeze at commercials & I have to hit ff. It's so annoying 😡😡

• 

1 Message

7 m ago

My Netflix also crashes and freezes constantly, this is very irritating problem and I searched online for solutions, and tried fixes like:

• Update the Netflix
  • Clear the app data from the settings
  • Sign out of your account and sign in again

If this won't work you then try solutions like : https://www.pcerror-fix.com/resolve-netflix-freezing-problem

• 

2 Messages

6 m ago

We have the same problem! We’ve reset the fire stick but it did nothing. We then bought a new one and it’s no different. I upgraded our internet and have a new eero web routing system so I know it’s not speed either. This is nonsense. I pay over $100 a month to have to constantly change the channel when watching this app only!! 

• 

3 Messages

6 m ago

Again...changing the audio setting on the firestick to "Best Available" fixed it for me and have not had a problem since. Sounds ridiculous I know.

• 

2 Messages

6 m ago

Thanks! I just did that so fingers crossed it works! 

• 

1 Message

4 m ago

Jayemaich,

Thank you!  Works like you said!  Many, many thanks!

Kreg

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

Had a problem with the freezing.  Verified my internet speeds were fine.  But read on this forum the Amazon Fire Cube may need some tweaking.   I moved the DirectTV App to the front on the fire cube using the settings options and changed the Audio to Best Available.   It’s been working flawlessly ever since.    

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.