Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

C

• 

1 Message

Tue, Oct 19, 2021 1:48 AM

DirecTV Stream on Samsung TV

We are using the DirecTV Stream app on our Samsung TV and have no plan to get the DirecTV Stream box.  Is there any plans to update this app to make it more user friendly and not lag and buffer so much?  We can watch hours of Netflix, AppleTV, etc. with no buffering and our DirecTV Stream app buffers ALL THE TIME.  We are seriously considering a different service now that regular season baseball is over; Bally Sports is the only reason we got DirecTV Stream in the first place.  And, why can't they add the ability to quickly switch between two channels?  And the guide is PAINFUL to navigate.  Just seems to be way too clunky for the price.  Are we the only ones seeing these problems?  Thank you!

Ludwick577

• 

483 Messages

1 m ago

I have a Samsung TV. Tried the app for a few days then bought the Dtv Stream box and the experience is so much better. Box and the remote are a game changer with the service. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

1 m ago

Depends on the new co-owner. They are on their 3rd rebrand of the service. From DIRECTV NOW to AT&T TV NOW (or AT&T TV) and now DIRECTV STREAM. At the moment it seems the experience is better on dedicated streaming boxes (be it their own or others) as opposed to an app in the TV itself. Hopefully over time it will get better.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

1 m ago

I am having the same issue on my 2020 Samsung "The Frame" TV.  It's incredibly frustrating.  Like you, every other streaming app works fine on the TV, but DirecTV Stream buffers, freezes, and is just generally terrible.  On the other hand, DirecTV Stream works completely fine on my Roku, Android phone, and through the website.  The app on the Samsung TV is clearly defective and needs to be updated immediately.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

1 m ago

Just like RVU for DirecTV (satellite), I would caution against relying on a TV app for DIRECTV STREAM. Use a streaming box (theirs, Roku, or other). I would not expect a quick resolution to the TV specific app.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.