Announcements
Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

S

• 

6 Messages

Sun, Aug 29, 2021 8:24 PM

Downloading Apps to Direct Stream

I have tried to download Britbox and Metv apps so I could record or stream programs from those apps through the Direct Stream "box". I get told that even though I can find these in Google Play Store I can't download these to my Direct Stream "box".

I can't find a link to "talk" to someone, anyone to help. When I call the "helpline" I don't get any answers.

I'm now ready to dump Direct Stream, I had Dish but trees overhead was getting in the way.

Jeffster

ACE - Professor

• 

41 Messages

2 m ago

I have tried to download Britbox and Metv apps so I could record or stream programs from those apps through the Direct Stream "box". I get told that even though I can find these in Google Play Store I can't download these to my Direct Stream "box".

That is not a option, you will not be able to do that with the Directv Stream box. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

565 Messages

2 m ago

You can access support my selecting "Help" at the bottom of this page. Then select the appropriate service.

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

255 Messages

2 m ago

What you see in the Google Play store are Android apps for those services, not Android TV apps.  The DirecTV streaming device runs Android TV, and that is not the same as Android.  However, if you get the Britbox app on an Android device (phone or tablet), you can cast to the DirecTV streaming device.  I don't know if the MeTV app provides that.

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.