Announcements
Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

J

3 Messages

Thu, Sep 2, 2021 2:54 AM

Incorrect time on guide on new Direct TV stream app

Using the new streaming app, the guide is shows 10 a.m. shows, but is playing what is currently on. Example ~ guide is showing on CBS The Price is Right (10 a.m) but is showing 48 hrs (9 p.m.). 
How do you get the correct time. Again, this is the app, not a device hooked up to the tv, therefore no reset button.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

565 Messages

2 m ago

Outside local channels, the guide is based on eastern time zone.

3 Messages

2 m ago

Thank you for your response,  but that's not necessarily true. Guide time is correct on main TV, this issue is on TV in bedroom and based the example given, the time difference is 11 hrs behind. I'm in central time zone and at time of post it was 9 p.m. and guide was showing 10 a.m. earlier that day. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

565 Messages

2 m ago

What device are you using to stream? Is the device time setting correctly set for your Central Time Zone? Have you tried to re-install the app? All info is correct for me.

3 Messages

2 m ago

Samsung TV, it is set for central time and I've deleted and re-installed the app 3 times.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

565 Messages

2 m ago

Smart TV? Been many problems with the app for Samsung. Searching the forum you will find 100's of posts about the app. Been horrible since conception with little improvements over the years. Suggest you abort the app and go with an external streaming device if you want to continue using the service. That has been the consensus of most subscribers. Good luck man!

(edited)

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.