Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

mld69's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Wed, Oct 20, 2021 12:51 AM

Remove NBA PREVIEW CHANNELS

I hate that I have to scroll past 15 NBA Preview channels.  I’m never going to buy the package. Can I get rid of it in my lineup?

TIA

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

829 Messages

1 m ago

Nope. Same with other services when they offer previews.

DIRECTVhelp

Community Support

• 

12.2K Messages

1 m ago

Hey, we're here to help. No, you can't get rid of it in the channel line up. We recommend try setting up favorite channels to your guide through your guide options. Let us know if you have any more questions in a DM, we'll be happy to help. 

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

264 Messages

1 m ago

@DIRECTVhelp:

• Users can't send you a DM, especially when you don't provide them a link to do so.
  • There is zero reason why you should take a question of general interest that has nothing to do with accounts private anyway.
  • While a correct answer, it wasn't actually that helpful. Setting up favorites impacts only the guide, not "surfing", and is a pain, especially to deal with something that will be there for just a few days.
  • Slightly helpful would have been to indicate that the preview (hopefully) goes away after 10/26.  Slightly more helpful would have been to pass on to Product Marketing or Development the request from the customer base that they offer a way to just turn off previews or actually edit the channel list - the latter a request that has existed for years.  But I'm guessing, despite the way some reps phrase their comments about customer suggestions, that you all have zero way to provide input upstream - same as us...
Ludwick577

• 

548 Messages

1 m ago

You can create a favorite list and exclude those channels.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.