Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

L

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, August 23rd, 2022 12:00 PM

Required to log-in repeatedly and told password must be reset

This is an AT&T problem that many of us have experienced with our email accounts, but now it seems has migrated to Direct Stream.  The first time it happened I thought it might be after an update, but now it is happening frequently.

Today it occurred when I first opened the app, and a second time while I was watching a replay of a recorded show.  

Would be nice to have a fix, but won't hold my breath.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3.7K Messages

5 months ago

It's DirecTV Stream, not Direct Stream. Is this a new subscription? Were you a previous DirecTV satellite subscriber? Using the same credentials? A little more detail is needed to try and assist?

• 

8 Messages

5 months ago

It is not a new subscription, I have been a subscriber for years.  This is just a continuation of AT&T's perpetual "repeated unsuccessful login" account feature that locks us out more and more frequently.  It started with email and now has spread to their other offerings.

They are unwilling or unable to fix that issue. Until they do this will continue.

(edited)

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3.7K Messages

5 months ago

Never had the problem on any of my devices. Have you tried to reinstall the app? Just a note that AT&T has nothing to do with the service. They spun the service out all most a year ago.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

44K Messages

5 months ago

What streaming device(s)? I've never had this issue on any of my devices .... DirecTV Stream boxes, Roku, iPad, PC, FireStick.

• 

8 Messages

5 months ago

Still under AT&T control - retained 70% interest.  How expert can you be if you don't know this?

Yes I have deleted & readded to all 3 of my Rokus - Roku TV, 2020 Ultra, and Streambar.  Still requires logging in every few hours and I have to reset password each time because the accounts are linked.

• 

8 Messages

5 months ago

Do you have AT&T as your ISP?  This appears to be a linked problem.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

44K Messages

5 months ago

No, I don't have AT&T as my ISP. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3.7K Messages

5 months ago

@Lmaris1 of course I know that. May be a majority owner but a total separate company. Like complaining about KFC at a Taco Bell.

• 

8 Messages

5 months ago

Look at the Directv Stream app information.  It is developed by AT&T, even the most recent upgrade. The correct analogy is Yum Brands and Taco Bell or GM and Chevrolet.  Controlled, ie parent not sister companies  They're independent only in your mind.

But thanks for answering the original question.  Your ability to provide assistance matches your understanding of corporate structure.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3.7K Messages

5 months ago

You are welcome. Have a good day.

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I have experienced this issue per the subject heading multiple times. Got really tired of constantly resetting password for no apparent reason. Contacted numerous departments with both AT&T and DIRECTV through both chat and phone calls. I have been assured numerous times , the issue was resolved, and yet it still occurs agnostic of device, app, online, etc…very frustrating from a long time loyal patron

pdv

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

When trying to look at my account, I encountered the same issue with DirecTV today - the satellite tv service NOT streaming - and not in the app, rather in a browser. I went through this for weeks with my bellsouth email until it finally seemed to be fixed (at least for now). If I had not had the bellsouth email since 1993, I’d abandon it (and don’t get me started on the issues with the way Yahoo changed it once they took over). I have a gmail account, but I still like my bellsouth account better, even with the issues.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.