Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

lou_do's profile
lou_do
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!
ACE - New Member

ACE - New Member

• 

91 Messages

Mon, Oct 25, 2021 7:06 PM

Roku Guide Setting Numerical or alphabetcal

Not sure how long this has been available, because I have been away for 6 months and just got back home. Tried my Roku DirecTV Stream app and went to "Settings/Preferences/Guide Sort Order", and selected Numerical and was able to view the guide with the guide with numbers like you can with DirecTV Stream box and DirecTV. Great for anyone who switches from satellite service to streaming.

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not a DIRECTV employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

264 Messages

1 m ago

That change was made at some point in the fairly distant past, during one of the beta tests, but was removed - probably because there really wasn't any way to take advantage of it, since you couldn't enter the numbers.  I don't think it was added to any of the others back then.  Obviously it is present in the version of the app for the DTV Stream device, but the remote for that does have a number pad.

Some people have asked that this option be put (back) in, since they feel there is a benefit even without being able to enter the channel numbers.  I don't know if I agree, but maybe someone inside did - it clearly isn't a big deal to provide it.  I checked, and it isn't (currently) in the iOS or FireTV versions.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.