Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

adgorn's profile
adgorn
#1 Star!
10th stratosphere!
The 5th element!

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Sun, Nov 21, 2021 4:35 PM

Samsung TV / DirecTV Stream issues?

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with the DTVS app on a new Samsung TV?  After much ado and many months, it seems the problem with DVR playback not working has been fixed (reported extensively on Samsung forums.)  I'm still having regular episodes of the normal streamed content stopping/starting, screen going black for several seconds, delays, etc.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

2.5K Messages

5分前

Same here - grandfathered. You will at some point make a decision. Either get a external device if you still want the service or you will seek another option. If you really want to stay and it is the service you want then you will make the right decision for a minimal cost. Good luck.

• 

170 Messages

5分前

Since all of us are Cable Cutters, telling us to use another device is like telling us we should have never left cable....

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

2.5K Messages

5分前

Well then just do nothing and complain and vent like you have been for weeks. If you have not figured out the message by now then you never will.

• 

1 Message

5分前

Yes, most popular smart tvs in existence, but att directv app doesn't work worth a (Edited per community guidelines). I'll be canceling and returning to Spectrum asap.

(edited)

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

15.6K Messages

5分前

@warherog 

Well then contact them to cancel. Creating a forum account to tell others will not do that for you.

(edited)

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

15.6K Messages

5分前

@g_mingolelli 

Since all of us are Cable Cutters, telling us to use another device is like telling us we should have never left cable....

The term "cable cutter" doesn't mean eliminating cables in the home. It refers to leaving the traditional pay TV providers, commonly called "cable" (though not all of them are cable companies).

Using a dedicated streaming box doesn't change you being a cable cutter or not. Not all apps work well in "smart TVs". That is part to both the TV maker and the provider not being optimized for that exact option. Boxes like Roku, Firestick, etc. are built specifically for those streaming apps which is why they work better. Sure there is the DIRECTV STREAM proprietary one, but you are not restricted to it and can use another brand for it if you so choose.

• 

2 Messages

5分前

I have read this forum and followed for a couple of weeks now. Full circle back to where it started. Lots of complaints, frustrations, optional solutions (other devices to load app onto) but DTV has yet to post any acknowledgement that the app on Samsung smart TVs blows or that they are fixing the bugs.

I now enjoy flawless streaming with a new service that works just fine on my Samsung frame TV. My advice...ditch Direct TV Stream and your problem is solved. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

15.6K Messages

5分前

@Knoel12381 

If your priority is using apps loaded on a Samsung "smart" TV and nothing else, then DIRECTV STREAM is not for you.

This is a public community forum, mostly other customers. It is not an official support medium. As such, I wouldn't expect any mass notice or acknowledgement from DirecTV. They have a small team that occasionally responds to individual issues, but their options are limited and not a replacement for actual customer support or any public announcements that would be in proper official channels.

• 

170 Messages

5分前

Again....

The Samsung App under AT&T was fine. Since the new DirecTV took over it has gone south.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

735 Messages

5分前

All they did was change the logo.  Geesh.

• 

170 Messages

5分前

If that was the case, many of these threads wouldn't exist.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

2.5K Messages

5分前

Do your research and research the old threads. The app has been inferior for a couple years. Yes same have had success but most quit and went with true devices. The current forums don't show all the issues from the past. The forum changed hands over a year ago under AT&T. Those forums are no longer available. What you don't understand is the problems from the past.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

2.5K Messages

5分前

Then you will have to live with it. Get a true streaming device.

• 

170 Messages

5分前

I've had the service for 4 years and if the Service acted back then like it is now, I'd have left the Service.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

2.5K Messages

5分前

Well you will probably be leaving soon.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.