Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

adgorn's profile
adgorn
#1 Star!
10th stratosphere!
The 5th element!

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Sun, Nov 21, 2021 4:35 PM

Samsung TV / DirecTV Stream issues?

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with the DTVS app on a new Samsung TV?  After much ado and many months, it seems the problem with DVR playback not working has been fixed (reported extensively on Samsung forums.)  I'm still having regular episodes of the normal streamed content stopping/starting, screen going black for several seconds, delays, etc.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

42.6K Messages

4分前

@Bytey 

You're right. A replacement device probably won't fix your issue. If multiple devices have this issue, then something is interrupting the internet stream. Most likely the issue lies within your home network. Best to start your own new thread and we can offer more troubleshooting tips.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

2.5K Messages

4分前

It's been a problem for years since it was first released. Little improvement has taken place although some have had some success. As we have been voicing for a long time there little evidence that they care to fix the app. All should accept the failure and proceed with the best alternative of using a trust external streaming device.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

15.6K Messages

4分前

The Samsung app for DIRECTV STREAM is not as good as other options. There is no sign of this changing. Not liking that is all well and good, but if you refuse to use options that work better than you just have to deal with it. There is no indication of the Samsung app improving.

Use the Samsung app and accept how it works, use a dedicated streaming box of your choice, or go with another provider all together. Those are the options to get resolution. This is the reality.

• 

5 Messages

2分前

I didn't realize that this has gone ignored for years. I came here to raise an important question, but it seems the DirecTv Community Forums is a hollow chamber of disenfranchised customers who know ATT has the best selection of channels. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

15.6K Messages

2分前

@Giman43 

This thread is regarding the Samsung TV app (which many of us agree is sub-standard). Looking back your question was

Why doesn't Directv stream work on NVIDIA Shield TV Pro?

If that is the "important" question you were referring to, then I suggest starting your own thread as that is regarding a different streaming device.

• 

170 Messages

2分前

The current version of the DirecTV Stream App for Samsung TV's is: 3.27.31104

I noticed there have been at least 3 app updates in the last three weeks. The last update was two days ago and so far the streaming service hasn't puked like is used to...

I'm not seeing the lag or buffering but I notice the "Are you still watching" notification is more frequent and some of the HD channels don't seem to be as crisp as they should be.

A special note: I did have to reset my network after the last update. In my case I have FiOS and it entails turning off your Router and ONT from your provider for at least 30 minutes so when you turn the ONT (Optical Network Terminal) your provider should more than likely assign you a new IP Address. When you restart your Router, it will grab your new Gateway IP Address.

I also assigned a Port (Port forwarding of Virtual Server setting in your router) and assigned it to my TV's Network address. To do this you need to use a Static IP Network Address for your TV's.

• 

2 Messages

2分前

Have also noticed the recent DTV version updates, and an improvement of the drop issue of late, and a Samsung TV update.

Hopefully, won't need to come back here again.

• 

170 Messages

2分前

Been 2 weeks now and the Samsung App is doing great for me....

• 

2 Messages

14日前

attempting to install Directv Stream app and the only thing it brings up, are tutorials on how to use their box or reviewals all going through YOUTUBE.  WHERE IS THE APP?

• 

2 Messages

14日前

I am attempting to install Directv Stream app on my samsung smart tv, but does not give me the choice or selection to add this app, only thing it brings up is, Directv reviewals and how to set up their box through youtube channels.  What should i do??????

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

15.6K Messages

14日前

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

2.5K Messages

14日前

Not all models are supported. If you dont see the app then its not available. Supported devices are located here

• 

170 Messages

13日前

One of my Samsung TV's is a 2017 model year and I have the App.

Just do and App search from your Smart Bar.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.