Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

W

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, November 26th, 2022 6:41 PM

Scrolling through pop-up list of upcoming programs

In the guide section, if I click on the network name on the left, for example TCM [using the web site on a computer!], a box pops up over the guide listings. It shows all of the upcoming programs for that channel only [for the next week or so] in a scrolling list. This used to work PERFECTLY. Absolutely perfectly. I could effortlessly scroll through the listings with the mouse wheel and click on any one to set a recording. And now the scrolling list is totally broken. For me it is anyway. Using Chrome browser on Windows 10. Totally broken!!!!!!!!!! Tested on two different computers. The scrolling list scrolls down a bit, not very smoothly, to show later listings, but when I let go of the mouse wheel it scrolls back up. Some random amount. And it just keeps doing this, over and over. I scroll down, which is jerky, stop moving the mouse wheel, and the list scrolls back up to some random place, showing me listings I've already seen and scrolled past. It works the same way if instead of using the mouse wheel, I pull on the scroll bar on the right. I pull it down to scroll down, but when I let go of the mouse button, it just keeps jerking back up to some random place I've already seen. It's basically impossible to scroll to the bottom. Just keeps getting stuck in the middle. Totally broken!!! Try it and see. It used to work perfectly!

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3.8K Messages

2 months ago

Report the issue to support. No one here can resolve the issue. If you don't report it then it will go nowhere (probably want anyway).

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

Just now tried on Microsoft Edge browser, on the same computer. Same behavior there. Totally broken scrolling list. 

Ludwick577

ACE - New Member

• 

2.5K Messages

2 months ago

Works fine for me.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

30 Messages

2 months ago

I can see a small problem like that with both Chrome and Edge.  When I bring up the window the first scroll does seem to jump back up, although not completely to the top.  But if I persist, it all works fine after that initial hiccup.

It works perfectly in Firefox, however.

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

695 Messages

2 months ago

I agree that I don't see any issue with the scroll using the scroll wheel in Firefox.  I do see a slight bounce using the scroll bar, but not always and not extreme.  What I did notice in the network content list is that none of the networks that used to have 72 hour rewind entries seem to now - even for networks that do on other devices.  I know that there have been reports implying a recent update of the web site that has some issues.  Has anyone else noticed that specific issue?

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

What is "72 hour rewind entries"?

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

695 Messages

2 months ago

The service allows you to play some content from some channels that originally aired up to 72 hours ago - effectively a special case of on-demand.  When this was first announced (years ago, back in the early DirecTV Now days) it was implied that it would be pretty ubiquitous, but it turned out that not much content was actually made available this way. What is there is accessed through the same pop up you referenced for upcoming programs - you scroll up for past programs.  The DirecTV help page for the feature is here.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.