Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

D
Davenlr
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

• 

17 Messages

Sat, Oct 2, 2021 10:29 PM

Sports padding

I originally canceled ATT TV because they kept cutting off the ending of Nascar races.

I get an email that they are DirecTV Stream now and they are now padding live sports and to come on back.

So the FIRST CAMPING WORLD TRUCK RACE I scheduled cuts off with 2 laps to go.  SERIOUSLY?

I had to go back to YouTubeTV to see who won the race.  

Xfinity race cut off with 20 laps to go.

Do better DirectTV.  

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

264 Messages

2 m ago

It appears the "auto-extend" feature they added works for at least some sports on at least some networks.  It seems to require a signal from the program provider that isn't present in all cases, so sometimes it doesn't.  While having things automatically extended is convenient, if it doesn't work reliably for everything, it is a problem.  Providing a mechanism to manually extend the time for a recording is more work on the user's part (and would still fail if the event ran longer than you guessed it might) but at least would work for everything - unknown why they don't add that feature.

Davenlr

• 

17 Messages

2 m ago

I agree, but I suspect they actually store the shows on a server, and send them to you as request rather than keeping a copy for each individual customer.  There are a finite number of sports channels.  DirecTv and ATT and a very large company.  They could do what I suspect YouTubeTV does, and hire a person to actually sit and watch the sports event, and trigger the ending.  Not only does that make sure you don't miss the event, but allows the feature YTTV added which is "watch plays and catch up to live" where it shows you the important plays from the start to where it catches up to live.  I am sure they can afford the salaries to hire people to do that on weekends considering what they charge us.

(edited)

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.