Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

C
chasf00
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

• 

390 Messages

Sat, Aug 13, 2022 3:02 PM

stream.directv.com

stream.directv.com works really well on a Galaxy 4k chromebook. The DIRECTV STREAM app on the same Galaxy 4k chromebook cannot be viewed due to constant freezing, Thoughts on the why would be appreciated.

i

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3K Messages

2分前

I don't have any verified answers, but I do have a few opinions. First, let me just say that I have always used Chromebooks with the service and will as long as the service continues to work. We all need to understand that officially, Chromebooks are not supported (ChromeOS is not a supported OS). The app is a mobile app designed for Android not ChromeOS, but the browser Chrome is supported. I would suspect that there are some compatibility issues of the app and the internal video player causing some issues, but with the browser the video is fine. I also experienced issues at first using the app and totally went away in its use. My thoughts also were why download another app and add storage when only a simple use of the browser was the best way to go.

chasf00

• 

390 Messages

2分前

Thank you for your experience with chromebook. As you know most chromebooks today are 2 in 1's suppose to be able to handle android apps. The Dstream app is the only app downloaded from the Play Store not functioning properly for video. All the other apps to view videos work fine. 

Find it odd that Dstream is the only malfunctioning app considering AT&T and it's offspring  has been doing digital for decades. 

Thanks again.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3K Messages

2分前

Well, it's not AT&T anymore. So we no longer need to bring that name in to discussions. I have several apps that perform poorly as "apps" but no issues when using the URL. When using many of the apps, they actually look like mobile apps. I use the URL's for all the streaming services if possible.

chasf00

• 

390 Messages

2分前

Can you be a little more specific on what video apps perform poorly on your chromebook? 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3K Messages

2分前

Honestly, I really don't remember. It's been about 2 years since the last time I used apps on any Chromebook. Chromebooks were designed to use and execute services from the web. That is why they usually have limited storage and memory/ram. No updates required - just the browser or OS when Google does it. Runs in a tab, and you can process tasks in conjunction with the service (along as you don't use another video stream). 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.