Announcements
Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

cupcakedew's profile

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

Mon, Aug 30, 2021 10:35 PM

Streaming through a firestick

If I download the the streaming app to my firestick will I be able to watch all the channels I get at home ? I have the premier package and want to use it at my camp I am under trees and satellite dish won’t work there

bno25ab

ACE - Guru

• 

27 Messages

2 m ago

You are entitled to a couple of streams outside the home. At the moment these can also be watched outside the home through streaming devices like the Firestick. 

So you should be able to get all the in-home channels at your camp, including the local channels from your billing zip code. 

As long as you have a stable internet connection and you are inside the USA.

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

2 m ago

Nope the Direct tv app downloaded on my firestick but my username and And password keep getting rejected. Currently satellite and streaming are separate and they said give up your satellite and switch to streaming. But right now you can your laptop tablet or  B phone which I do when traveling on planes. But at my camp where satellite I want to streamto my television. I refuse to pay for streaming services when I pay such a high amount for satellite. Dish network lets you download Dish anywhere on firestick and you watch exactly what is on your tv at home. Direct tv should be doing the same.!I have been a loyal Direct tv customer but thinking seriously about jumping ship. Luckily I can stream Netflix and other things on my firestick at camp . DTV you are behind in your technology.

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

2 m ago

Sorry for typing errors they said watch on phone laptop or tablet. I said want to watch on my tv at camp and satellite doesn’t work because of tree coverage. If I could get a satellite signal where I am at I would have dish brought a box with me no problem.  But since I can’t I should be allowed to stream since app is available to download to my firestick. Not have two accounts or have to give up satellite and switch to streaming. 

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

565 Messages

2 m ago

They are 2 separate payable services. Simple solution - pay for both or accept what you got. Nothing else to explain.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

351 Messages

2 m ago

As bcbsncjlj said, DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM are different services.  If you want to use the DIRECTV STREAM app, then you must pay for DIRECTV STREAM.

There is a PHONE app for DIRECTV, but not one for FireTV Sticks (or other devices designed to be attached to a TV).  The DIRECTV business model is a pay-per-screen model, they're not going to provide a streaming device app.

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.