Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

J

• 

5 Messages

Tue, Apr 5, 2022 10:33 PM

Time zone streaming

My DirectTV streaming guide shows eastern time zone and I'm in Pacific. My address is in the Pacific Time Zone. How do I fix this?

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.7K Messages

6 months ago

@chasf00 

Both. The OPs problem isn't an issue on any of my devices. And the lack of west-coast network feeds is solved by recording.

chasf00

• 

420 Messages

6 months ago

Ok

• 

5 Messages

6 months ago

No it's not been resolved 

chasf00

• 

420 Messages

6 months ago

Sorry your issue has not been resolved and the folks here could not help. Not being able to replicate the issue makes it impossible to suggest a fix. 

chasf00

• 

420 Messages

5 months ago

Is it not Dstream's responsibility to deliver the correct product to the customer.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

3.3K Messages

5 months ago

They have delivered the correct product. It's always been east coast based channels with the exception to locals and regional sports.

• 

5 Messages

5 months ago

Then why do you get your own time zone listings when you have DirecTV satellite 📡 🛰️? We had the DirecTV satellite over 15 years ago and they gave us the Pacific time zone listings. 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.7K Messages

5 months ago

@jdfrost1970 

I'm still puzzled by your issue. I have DirecTV Stream on a variety of devices and my listings are Pacific Time Zone.

• 

5 Messages

5 months ago

Forget I even brought it up 🤦🏻🙄😒🥴

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.7K Messages

5 months ago

@jdfrost1970 

I wish I could offer some suggestions, but I can't duplicate your issue on my Streaming devices. Something is wonky with your account or device settings that's resulting in you getting the wrong time zone guide info. 

chasf00

• 

420 Messages

5 months ago

@jdfrost1970 

My opinion is that the communication between device and Dstream has a problem. I am going to put the onus on Dstream. Enjoy the entertainment value that is on the forum Almost forgot, what is the accepted solution, considering the OP's issue was not resolved?

(edited)

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

613 Messages

5 months ago

@litzdog911 - do you get a west coast feed of networks that offer those?  Or are you just saying that your guide is reporting the correct time?

chasf00

• 

420 Messages

5 months ago

Why wouldn't folks on the left  coast get a left coast feed?  signing into tbs.com gives a choice of which live feed to watch.

(edited)

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

613 Messages

5 months ago

They might not get it because DirecTV Stream might not offer it.  At some point in the past, the predecessor service(s) definitely didn't - they only offered the east coast feed no matter where you were.  I am asking if that is still the case, as I am on the east coast so would get that either way.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43.7K Messages

5 months ago

@Jrandomuser 

There are two different issues being discussed in this thread ....

1. Does the Guide show the correct time based on local time zone. In my case, yes. All of my streaming devices show the correct local time (Pacific Time) for the shows in the Guide.

2. Should DirecTV offer both East Coast and West Coast feeds for each network? Generally, they don't. DirecTV Satellite had several, such as NickE & NickW, HBOE, HBOW, etc. DirecTV Stream, not so much. But since everyone with DirecTV Stream can record it shouldn't be an issue which feed they deliver since you record and watch at your convenience. 

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.