Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

V

• 

6 Messages

Mon, Nov 29, 2021 3:43 PM

What bitrate is Directv stream using?

How is the HD picture quality? What bitrates are you seeing?

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

2 m ago

The video content is based on what the network feed delivers to DirecTV Stream.

• 

117 Messages

2 m ago

"The video content is based on what the network feed delivers to DirecTV Stream." 

And....it is also based on the type and speed of internet connection you have. If you have too many devices on your home network you may experience a lesser quality video display.

Generally speaking: Speeds of 200 Megabits should handle 8 devices without issue.

• 

6 Messages

2 m ago

I have a 1 gigabyte connection, usually about 850 to 900 Mbps wired. Around 350 to 400 wifi. FuboTV is delivering about 6.5 Mbps on HD channels for a NFL broadcast and occasionally around 17 Mbps on a 4k NFL or NCAAF broadcast from Fox. I want to determine is the PQ is any better on Directv Stream for sporting events like the NFL to make it worth switching. has anyone checked during a broadcast?

(edited)

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

41.4K Messages

2 m ago

Check out the various reviews on YouTube for AT&T TV/DirecTV Stream. Folks agree that the picture quality is excellent. DirecTV doesn't do anything to "throttle" the bitrate from the network providers. 

• 

117 Messages

2 m ago

Dtv is my provider but I use the ESPN App.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

645 Messages

2 m ago

IF you're using the ESPN App, then you're talking apples and oranges.

(edited)

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

2 m ago

DirecTV Stream is not your internet provider. DirecTV Stream is the streaming service. provider for networking apps.. Your internet provider could be anyone.

• 

6 Messages

2 m ago

I do not believe he said internet provider or ISP, but just "provider" as in TV service.

• 

6 Messages

2 m ago

Does Directv stream carry occasional 4K streams for sporting events like FOX 4k? FUbotv has 2 channels for FOX, My local OTA channel and one called FOX 4k which only has programming when FOX runs a 4k event.

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

2 m ago

@vurbano He also said DTV which is different then DirecTV Stream. Just clarification statements.

As for 4K - No. 

• 

4 Messages

2 m ago

I am coming from U-verse and U-verse  is sharper image. I’m using speeds of 450. You get use to streams image but not as tight as U-verse. I’m using the DirectStream app that’s preloaded on the Samsung TV

• 

6 Messages

2 m ago

And no NFL Network? Very strange for a service touting regional sport networks as a reason to switch not to Carry NFL Network at least as an upgrade.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.