Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

gregoliver1's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 12:55 PM

Why does DIRECTV STREAM force commercials?

It appears DIRECTV has jumped on the streaming bandwagon for forcing commercials even though they are charging for the service.  I understand 100% if I am watching a local broadcast (streamed) for free, but I cannot understand why when I pay for the service.

Do I possibly have something set wrong that I cannot find, or is it the norm with DIRECTV STREAM?

I'll switch back to DirecTV and put up with the weather outages before I pay a premium to be force fed commercials again :)

-Greg

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

2 m ago

@Ludwick577 

Unfortunately not. DirecTV's feature of restart from the beginning downloads it from the channel's On Demand library. This means it usually has FF/REW disabled.

I am very against this practice. Channel's have the loophole as the show is then not delivered via the satellite but from internet so different rules apply. And internet content seems to have more and/or longer commercials injected these days.

• 

3 Messages

25 d ago

I'm getting commercials on DVR recordings where fast forward is disabled. It will not let me fast forward. Why is this happening on something that's recorded?

Ludwick577

• 

504 Messages

25 d ago

What device are you using?

Constructive

Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

25 d ago

When you record a series some will pull from on demand where others will pull from the network. 

Ludwick577

• 

504 Messages

25 d ago

I've never seen that happen and I've got around 40 series set to record.

Constructive

Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

25 d ago

Look at the channel number on the ones that allow fast forward and look at the channel that doesn’t allow it. They are a different channel. I have 60 episodes of forensic files and the ones that allow are 76 and the ones that don’t are 276 hln on demand 

• 

1 Message

19 d ago

Switch to youtube TV; their on demand content has one commercial per commercial break. DirectTV has about 6-7 commercials per commercial break. DirectTV cares more about $$$, & that’s why they are slowly losing market share to all the newcomers. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

19 d ago

@LoveSky 

It is the networks that sell advertising space on their channels. DirecTV or DIRECTV STREAM rebroadcast what is sent to them, having no control over the commercials.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.